SEVEN: MEMORIES

Another village was attacked during the night so they went there to check the next day and help the remaining people.

"that's a mess." Jaehyun said looking around.

"yeah I know, and why are you still here? if the shadows get us you will be killed, your level is too low for them." she scoffed and walked away, Yul followed while the other boy didn't move, too stunned from her words.

"you're treating him this way cause you don't-..." Yul was talking but she covered his mouth with her hand when she felt something.

She walked to a cliff and looked down noticing a barrier was a few kilometers from the village, she couldn't see any movements inside of that though.

"a barrier?" the boy beside her questioned noticing it too.

"yeah, that means something or someone is hiding in there, it could be our creator with his shadows." she crossed her arms to her chest.

"should we go check?" he asked but she shook her head in a negative way.

"someone who masters the alchemy of souls is really strong, especially if he can create shadows, destroying that barrier will take a lot of energy, plus he surely has shadow guards in the woods around it, you can't risk to get touched again so soon." she explained and walked back to the village.

Yul stayed there for a few more minutes observing the blue energy barrier, than he walked back too.
When they got back to Songrim she quickly went to master Park to inform him about what they found.

"I didn't know she would accept a pupil." Jaehyun said walking to Yul who didn't even look at him since he was focusing on a book.

"Master Park asked her to, we have the same level, but there are some things that she can do and I don't." he simply explained.

"you know, seeing your fiancée so close to someone else isn't really good." he said and Yul blinked multiple times.

PAST MEMORIES

"Yul-ah! c'mon you're so slow!" the thirteen years old girl said while climbing on the snowy tree.

"it's so cold! it's not my fault!" he protested.

the girl sat on the tree and gave her hand to him to help the boy up, he soon sat next to her tossing the snow away from his hands.

"oh wow, you were right, it's really pretty there." he said widening his eyes slightly.

"I told you!" she smiled and the boy stopped a few seconds to look at her, then he cleared his throat quickly looking away.

END MEMORIES

"what are you talking about?" Yul looked up at the other man.

"nothing, I was just saying, would you be happy if the girl you love stays more with someone else?" he said and the other boy closed the book standing up.

"I have no time for this, so please excuse me." he gave a small bow putting the book away and walked out bumping his shoulder with someone.

"Yul?" Nabi stopped him by his arm in confusion, what was that behavior now? "are you okay?"

"I'm okay, master." he replied setting himself free from her grip and walking away.

her eyes looked at him in confusion, then someone walked next to her and she noticed Jaehyun, she scoffed understanding.

"what did you say to him?" she asked crossing her arms. "scaring my pupil away like that."

"I just told him the truth, I doubt he was scared." he calmly said.

The girl sighed and then ran in the direction where Yul went, Jaehyun just stood there looking at her disappear from his sight.