TWENTY-ONE: PREPARATIONS

"This light blue hanbok really suits you, I think you should wear this during the marriage." Taemin said looking at his daughter, he had her try on some dresses for the marriage.

"father, you shouldn't see my wedding dress before the day." she said scolding him a bit and the man let out a small chuckle.

Ryeon got back to them with Sojun, and she stopped when she noticed her husband laugh with their daughter, she sighed a bit in relief and walked up to them.

"I found some hair accessories that would suit you, Sojun helped me pick them." the woman smiled.

Sojun scoffed a bit and they all looked at him, he crossed his arms to his chest. "she doesn't even want to marry him, and you two are acting all happy." he said and walked away.

"Sojun!" Taemin called after his son to scold him but the woman stopped him.

"he is right, I'm not even happy about it, I'm just trying to make things easier for Nabi." the woman whispered to him.

"I'll talk to him..." their daughter quickly changed her hanbok and she followed her younger brother.

"she is the heir, she needs to get married... Jaehyun is good enough for her." Taemin said looking at his wife.

"she only sees Jaehyun as a friend... did you forget that we got married against your mother will? did that stop you from marring me? no, but you're acting just like her now." the woman coldly let out and walked away leaving the man standing her.

The girl kept running until she stopped her brother and sighed looking at his angry expression, she gave him a hug and he reciprocated.

"it's okay, you don't have to fight father for me... I don't want him to be angry with you." she whispered against his chest, he was younger but surely taller.

"I just want to protect you." he replied.

"I'm the oldest, I should be the one protecting you." she let out a small laugh. "let's go eat something together."

The two headed towards a pub and sat at a table, they ordered food and drinks and quietly ate together but Sojun decided to break the silence.

"the four season will attend the marriage, you know that right? father asked me to go pick them up two days before the marriage." he said.

"Yul won't come." she replied earning a confused look by her brother.

"how do you know?" he asked in surprise.

"I told him not to." she explained. "it won't be good for any of us."

The boy just nodded and after finishing they both headed to the fortress, the girl looked around as maids were starting to clean and prepare things for the wedding already, her chest started to hurt again and Sojun quickly held onto her.

"sister?" he asked worriedly.

"I'm okay, I just..." she whispered. "don't like this..."

Her brother looked around at the maids and then helped her to her room, Ryeon saw them from the distance and she quickly walked in the room with them, worried about her daughter.

"are you feeling pain again?" the woman asked and when the girl nodded she made sure to let her rest in bed with a lot of blankets. "you're going to be okay, just sleep now." The woman whispered and got out of the room with her younger son, she sighed and walked to her husband again.

"what now." he asked.

"she is getting sick, I think the marriage is stressing her too much." she said and the man looked up at her. "Taemin, you should reconsider it."

"I won't, Ryeon." he simply said.