FIVE: BURN

"intruders! there are intruders!" screams were heard in the fortress.

Her eyes quickly opened as she stood up from her bed, it was really late at night, almost morning.
She quickly took her sword and ran out to the fortress entrance, the boy instead ran to her room to call her but he widened his eyes when he didn't find her, so he quickly ran to the entrance.

"shit!" he said noticing it was the weird souls shifters, his eyes traveled between the people trying to fight and he noticed the girl standing there.

He ran to her covering her eyes and he closed his too shielding the girl with his body when one of these things ran at her, he used his energy to kill it and then backed up from her opening his eyes.

"are you okay?" he asked.

the girl stopped him gripping his wrist and he looked at her in confusion. "close your eyes and stay with me." she ordered, she knew that probably not many people were skilled with these things yet, and she surely didn't want one of the heirs to die. "don't look at them! don't let them touch you too many times!" she screamed for the people who didn't know.

they both took out their swords, the girl not daring to leave him, she started attacking the monsters and he tried his best to do it too, he also used his body to shield the girl from any touch, he didn't know what it could happen if you were touched but that was what the girl said, don't let them touch you too many times.

"They are gone!" someone screamed and the two stopped, they slowly opened their eyes looking at the bodies around, she let go of his wrist.

Yul felt his skin start to burn as soon as he relaxed, he groaned in pain and fell on his knees, Nabi eyes instantly darted to him and she kneeled looking at his suffering expression, her eyes widened when she noticed the burns on the back of his hanbok, she moved it revealing black handprints all over his back, he started breathing heavily while looking at her.

"someone get master Heo! tell him he got touched!" she screamed and the boy fell to his side but the girl was quick to protect his head from hitting the ground. "stay awake! you hear me?!"

soon after master Heo came running at them. "I got a medical herbs bath ready! we need to get him there quickly!"

She got up pulling the boy up with her, she didn't care how heavy he was, she just followed master Heo as quickly as she could.

"where did he get touched?" the man asked.

"his back!" she quickly answered, the old man took Yul hanbok top off.

She put the boy inside the small pool and she started to wash his back with the water making him groan more as pain hit him again, he felt like he was about to pass out and his body was so warm, he was having a fever already.
When she noticed he was about to faint she jumped in the small pool infront of him, not caring to wet her clothes, Nabi took his face with both her hands slightly slapping his cheeks and he opened his eyes slowly.

"you need to stay the fuck awake! don't you dare die on me!" she yelled.

Master Heo took her place washing his back quickly while she was keeping him awake, when he notice the marks disappear he sighed in relief looking at the girl, she sighed too.

"it's okay, you're okay now..." she whispered kneeling in the water and the boy leaned his head on her shoulder for support while trying to catch his breath. "he is still having a fever." she said touching his forehead.

"that's normal, he just needs to rest... let's get him out of there." the old man said, she nodded and together they pulled him out.

She put a robe on him drying his body as best as she could, he noticed her clothes were wet too but she shook her head before he could say anything.

"master Heo, can you please get him back to his room, I'll quickly change and come too, I'll take care of him for the night." she bowed and left.

When she quickly changed into something more comfortable and walked to Yul room she noticed Master Heo had just left, so she walked in, the boy was sat on his bed.

"you don't need to do this, it's just a fever..." he whispered.

The girl kneeled near him and pushed him down on the bed covering his body with the blankets, she touched his forehead again and then got up to get a cold bowl of water, she got back and kneeled again, he was looking at her.

"I told you to not let them touch you so much." she coldly said wetting a cloth.

"I was not ready to fight them, so I did something else, I didn't know they could cause that, you didn't inform me before... are you mad?" he explained and she sighed.

"no, I'm not mad at you." she positioned the cloth on his forehead and then looked at him. "now try to rest a bit, the fever will go down, no training or studying tomorrow."

He gave a small nod and he closed his eyes, the girl got up blowing on the candless, only the moon was giving them some light.
She sat with her back on the wall and closed her eyes too leaning her head there, she soon fell asleep.
Yul opened his eyes slowly and looked at her for some seconds, he then adjusted himself more comfortably and closed his eyes again finally falling asleep.