SIX: SOMEONE NEW

"Father." the girl said in confusion when she noticed the man and her younger brother together. "Sojun?"

"we heard there was an attack two days ago, we came to check on you and the trainer, the shadows are danger." her dad sighed in relief noticing she was safe.

"shadows?" Dang-gu walked up to them with Yul and they both bowed at the man. "Master Han, Sojun, welcome."

"we call these creatures shadows sometimes." Sojun explained.

"Yul, I told you not to go around too much these days, your fever might come back." Nabi scolded him.

"what happened?" her father worriedly asked.

"he got touched by the shadows too many times, he almost died, but his Chisu is strong and we washed him with the medical herbs on time." the girl explained.

Master Park walked to them welcoming the two and he left with Master Han leaving the youngest boy with the three.

"oh Sojun-ah you're so grown up now!" Dang-gu said pinching his cheeks and the girl laughed. "how old are you now?"

"I'm seventeen..." he answered trying to get the boy hands off his face and the two started fighting.

"we were heading to the market to buy something for the victims families, do you want to come?" Yul asked the girl and she moved her eyes to him.

"well yeah, but my dad left Sojun here, so I guess I might bring him along." she answered and the two stopped fighting looking at her.

"that's not a problem." he slightly smiled and the four walked out the fortress together.

They walked through the crowded market, each of them looking at different tables for something interesting but she always made sure to keep an eye on her younger brother.
She took a black hair ribbon looking at herself in a small mirror to see if it would match her hair color and she jumped when she noticed Yul behind her.

"it looks good, do you like it?" he asked and the girl turned his way.

"yeah, but I'm not here to buy things for myself, I should check on Sojun before he gets lost." she left the hair ribbon back on the table and walked away.

he stood there and then his eyes went to the hair ribbon for some seconds.
When they got back to the fortress she walked to her room to change since she was too warmed up with this hanbok, she was used to the cold temperatures of Hanyong not the hot ones of Songrim.
A knock on her door made her turn around and she opened it, Yul was standing there.

"oh do you need something else?" she asked in confusion.

"I wanted to give you this." he took out the hair ribbon and placed it in her hand softly. "I really thought it looked good on you."

"oh thank you, really you didn't have to!" she widened her eyes in surprise as she took it.

"let me put it on." he turned the girl around taking the thing back and he tied her braid with it, then he smiled.

Sojun ran up to them and he furrowed his eyebrows when he noticed the two together, their attention quickly went to him.

"Jaehyun just came from Hanyong too!" he said and Nabi quickly looked away hearing this name.

"Jaehyun?" Yul questioned.

"yeah, Nabi future husband!" her brother happily said and she widened her eyes looking back up at the boy who was more confused now.

"it's an arranged marriage!" she quickly said and slapped her brother arm. "idiot! don't say things like that!"

The three walked up to the new arrived people, a man smiled when he noticed the girl, Yul quickly understood that was Jaehyun.
He walked up to them and gave a quick hug to her which she reciprocated sighing.

"I was so worried, you shouldn't have come here." the boy said worriedly than he noticed the man staring at them. "who is he?"

"he is my new pupil Seo Yul, I'm teaching him things about the soul shifters while I'm here, master Park asked me to do it... and also he is basically a master to you too, cause he mastered the Chisu." she explained.

"then should I call you master Seo?" the boy said with a small smile.

"no please, call me just Yul, it's really okay for me." he shook is head.

A awkward silent fell on them while they looked at each others, Sojun put on a confused expression, but he knew his sister never wanted this arranged marriage and she didn't reciprocate Jaehyun feelings which make her feel a bit guilty since he was really kind with Nabi.

"I'm hungry." Sojun let out before he could stop it and he earned another slap from his sister.

"do you have a death wish today?!" she glared at him.

"what did I do..." he whispered and the other two laughed at his expression.