ONE: BUTTERFLY

The boy walked inside the room where master Park was waiting for him while reading on some papers, he instantly looked up when he noticed the young boy giving him a small bow.

"Yul, I need you to do something, you're the only one I can ask." the older man said.

"what is it, master Park?" he questioned nodding.

"A group of soul shifters have been going wild in the North of Daeho." he explained. "but they told me that they are not simple soul shifters, there is something more, that's why I can't let you or anyone go alone there to take care of them, they might be dangerous."

The young man listened carefully understanding the situation and he nodded again. "what do you want me to do then?"

"I want you to go to Hanyong, ask the Han family for help, there is a girl there, she is the old man oldest nephew, they told me she knows a lot about soul shifters and she is really strong." Master Park got up sighing.

"but why me?" Yul asked in confusion.

"like I said, she is really strong, she protects the Hanyong mountains killing everyone that goes near them if it's no one they invited, she mastered the Chisu, so it would be difficult for other people to convince her, you can bring some people to back up, but you must be the one." he said in a serious tone.

"okay Master Park, I'll be on my way soon then." he bowed understanding and walked away.

was that girl really so strong and dangerous that Master Park wanted to send him personally? The Hanyong mountains were the coldest part of Daeho, always filled with snow and ice, it was even hard to believe a village was there, but it was their strong point, being difficult to reach.

1 DAY LATER.

A girl with a long braid walked inside the royal room as the old man with long white hair was sit by the window.

"Grandfather, did you call me?" she asked.

"Yes, my dear, guards said someone is walking in the woods heading there, they said it looks like someone from the Seo Family, can you go check?" his eyes traveled to her.

"yes, my lord." she said and walked out.

It took Seo Yul and some Songrim guards one day to reach the mountains, and he had to admit the cold was intense, if he wasn't a mage he would've died for sure.
An arrow landed infront of his feet and he suddenly stopped walking, looking up at a girl with a bow.

"stop right there." her next arrow was pointed right at his forehead but she didn't shoot it yet.

A guard was about to step out but Yul held his arm up to stop him, then his eyes went to the girl again.

"we came here to talk with Master Han, Songrim needs some help, I was send there to bring someone back with me." the boy said in a calm tone.

"what is it about?" she asked coldly.

"a group of soul shifters in the north of Daeho." he shortly explained.

"and why do you need help with some simple soul shifters?" she questioned in confusion.

"they are not simple soul shifters, who saw them said they have something weird, that's why we came here, we are not capable to get rid of them by ourselves." he took some steps but stopped when the girl tightened her grip on the bow.

"Master Han doesn't want to see anyone right now, you can leave and search for help somewhere else." the girl said putting her bow away and she started walking in the snow to get back.

"we can't get back, if you don't let us in I might be forced to use the bad ways." he said still with calm and she stopped smirking.

"I would love to see you try." she scoffed and started walking away.