THIRTEEN: MISTAKE

"Yul!" Dang-gu called for him and the boy sighed looking up from the book.

"what?" he answered.

"damn, are you okay?" his friend furrowed his eyebrows worriedly.

"yeah, I was studying some spells for the barrier, what do you need?" he asked again.

"Master Han and Sojun are leaving, they are going back to Hanyong, Master Park said we should be there for respect." Dang-gu explained.

"Jaehyun is not going back?" Yul asked in confusion.

"yeah he is staying her a few more days, he wants to practice more with Nabi." the boy said and the other just nodded.

They walked to the entrance of the fortress where everyone was already, Jaehyun was kneeling infront of Nabi.

"what is he doing?" Yul quickly asked.

"it's tradition for the future husband to kneel to his wife infront of her dad, since they set the official things for the marriage yesterday, I think that's what he is doing." his friend explained and his eyes stayed focused on Jaehyun.

Her eyes darted on Yul when she noticed him and their eyes met, she looked away when Jaehyun got up smiling at her.
Dang-gu eyes traveled between his two friends and he almost gasped understanding.

"you like her, don't you?" he asked and Yul punched his arm glaring at him.

"we are just friends and she is my master." he whispered annoyed walking away.

2 HOURS LATER

"Nabi" Master Park called to the girl that was meditating in the training center, she slowly opened her eyes to look at him. "Yul found some spells that we might try on the barrier, we will do it in a few days, just to give our men some more time to train with the blind thing."

"I agree, if that barrier is full of shadows we must fight, who will try the spells?" she asked.

"if more then one mage performs the spells together it might be easier for us to break the barrier, it's hard for only one... you can go take a look at the spells that we found." he explained and she nodded.

The girl got up cleaning her hands and she walked to the library, she walked between various shelves until she found the right book, she leaned on the wall and opened it reading the spells that were suggested to her.
Yul entered the library and he walked between the shelves stopping when he noticed her.

"I was searching for you." he said and the girl looked up at him in confusion.

"what is it?" she asked putting the book away.

"Master Park said we will break the barrier in a few days, since last time you were worried about me not being ready to fight the shadows yet, can we practice more today?" he asked and the girl nodded.

They walked together in the training center and the boy closed his eyes, she placed an hand on his chest to control his breathing while he was trying to concentrate like usually slowing down his breath.
She took her hand off his chest and took a stick, the girl quickly attacked him and he dodged it attacking her back, the two started to fight and Dang-gu slowly walked in looking at them without saying anything.
Nabi hit Yul chest with the stick and he groaned but didn't stop the fight, he kept attacking and defending himself, the girl took out the small ball throwing it in another direction, Yul turned around hitting the ball and then quickly dodged the girl attack.

"You did it!" the girl yelled in excitement, Yul opened his eyes and he smiled widely while trying to catch his breath.

The girl dropped the stick and ran at him hugging the boy who instantly froze widening his eyes, then he slowly reciprocated the hug, Dang-gu sighed while looking at them and then he left.

"You did so good Yul-ah..." she whispered cupping his face and looking at his eyes, the boy breath almost stopped.

Without thinking she placed a small kiss on his lips and then she left, the boy stood there trying to process what had just happened and then his heart started to beat faster, he quickly followed the girl catching her just when she opened her room door.
He pushed her inside sliding an hand behind her head and another one on her waist, he placed his lips on hers and they slowly backed up until her back touched the wall, she was taken by surprise but she soon reciprocated the kiss.

"fuck..." he cursed to himself under his breath when he realized, and he backed away from her.

"you're doing that again." she whispered. "you keep pushing me away Seo Yul..."

"we can't do it..." he said with his head low. "it was a mistake." the girl scoffed at this sentence and he immediately looked up at her.

"it always was a mistake for you, wasn't it? even when you left me in Hanyong..." her voice cracked at the last sentence and she quickly walked out the room.

His eyes teared up as he stood there not being able to look away from the spot where the girl was just some seconds before.

PAST MEMORIES

"I really like that girl..." the boy said and his friends almost chocked on their food, they both looked at him with wide eyes.

"who?" Uk quickly asked in disbelief.

"I met her two months ago in Hanyong when Master Heo teached me some medical spells, he had something to do there so I followed him to not interrupt our lessons... and there she was..." he explained.

"and what's wrong? why do you seem so depressed?" Dang-gu asked in confusion.

"I won't see her ever again." he answered lowering his head, and his two friends quickly looked at each others.

"why not? you could ask her father for her hand and bring her with you to your village." Dang-gu said and Yul shook his head.

"I can't, because she is the heir of Hanyong, she can't leave her village, her father was already talking with a boy family to arrange her marriage... everything between us was a mistake..." he whispered and his friends sighed feeling pity for their poor friend.

"what's her name?" Uk asked.

"Nabi." Yul answered.

END OF PAST MEMORIES.

-
PLEASE FOLLOW MY TIKTOK (same user) FOR MY FF EDITS!