44

CRYSTAL ELIZA DIMITRI POV...

"You can do it ma"

I Suck in a deep breath before slowly getting up from the wheelchair,my legs wobbles a little and Polina tries to help me,but I shake my head at her.

I have to do this, I can't continue sitting in a wheelchair and letting everyone carry me around. I take the first step forward, before moving forward.

"Try to walk five more steps ma"

I nodded, and my feet's feels foreign being able to walk after weeks. I took six more steps before collapsing back on the bed sighing.

"Am I making any progress so far?" I asked her drinking from the glass of water she gave me.

"Yes ma, you will get used to walking soon"

The door of my room opens and Alfred enters, I sat up. Behind him stood a maid, she looks a bit familiar but I can't comprehend Where I knew her from.

"Ma, miss Polina personal maid is here to see you" he says.

The timid maid steps out "I am Amara"

"What does Polina want?"

She shakes her head "I have no idea ma, she wants to see you"

What could be the reason behind it? Does she have a motive for it? She is completely harmless, though she has a baby on the way. Do I feel jealous about that? You shouldn't be Crystal, you should be happy for her.

I sighed "Let's go"

I hold unto Polina arm as we leave the room, I refused to use a wheelchair. It was difficult walking down the stairs, we finally got to the second floor. Amara push open her room door, and there she lied on the bed.

"Ma, she is here"

Alina turns her head slowly to face me, Polina helps me sit on a couch close to the bed. Before leaving the room with Amara,I suck in a deep breath as Polina stares at me.

"I am sorry"

I scoffed "Sorry?I almost died when you pushed me into the pool,I suffered a lot because of you. And all you have to say to me is sorry?"

"It was never my intention,i was just blinded by the love I have for Ivan. I was so envious of you,all I ever wanted was to get married to him since we were Young. But that dream was shattered when I found out he was getting married,but he never told me which is why I was deeply hurt,I had to hear it from others. Crystal,I know what I did to you was wrong of me,i am sorry. I paid the price with my hand,if it wasn't for my childish act none of us would have gone through pain. I know it might be too late now to apologise,but I want you to know that I am sorry"

I sighed "Polina,I completely understand. But what I don't understand is what you simply love about a monster"

She shakes her head "He is not a monster,you all just judge him. Ivan was never like this,you were not the first woman in his life"

"What do you mean by that?"

She chuckles softly "It's not my place to say. Maybe in the future Ivan will definitely tell you about it"

"Is it Alyona?is she the reason behind why Ivan is this way?right?. Why can't anyone of you just tell me?!you all keep me in the dark,it's getting pretty annoying"

She sighs "Crystal, I wish I could tell you but I can't. And I also know they is a reason behind your marriage with him"

I frowned deeply "I know he bought me from my father, maybe he just really needed an extra cash"