19

IVAN SERGIO DIMITRI POV...

Vera barges into the conference room where I was having a meeting.

"Get out!all of you!" She shouts and all the men grabbed their things leaving the room.

I lean my back on my seat "To what do I owe this disrespect of yours?"

"What is Alina doing in Damien's house?"

I shrug "How should I know? Ask him yourself"

She slams her palms on the table "Don't you fucking dare lie to me, you dimwit. I asked you a fucking question, and I expect an answer"

"And I told you I have no idea"

She groans loudly "He is your best friend, you should know."

"Just go ask him yourself, besides you guys are getting married soon"

"Is he cheating on me with her? Were you just a cover up, is Alina in love with Damien?"

I chuckled softly getting up from my seat, and pour a glass of whiskey for myself. I drink from it slowly, while Vera seems to be pissed off.

"Tell me!"

"Damien and Alina have nothing to do with each other. I asked Damien to let her stay at his place two days ago"

She frowns "I thought you were finally letting the bitch go"

"She is a bitch yes, but I keep her there for a reason"

She take the glass of whiskey from my hand, drinking everything at once.

"What reason? She almost killed Crystal, you shouldn't have showed her Mercy"

I cross my arms "You guys were once friends, what changed?"

She scoffs "A conniving slut is what she is. Have her out from Damien house, I do not approve of it"

"I don't care if you approve of it"

"Ivan!"

I was getting pissed off already "Get the fuck out of here, and call them back in to complete the meeting"

"Fuck you!" She says slamming the door to the conference room shut.

Two days have passed since Alina dropped the bomb at me. I haven't gone back home, I just stay in my penthouse. Many things have been going through my head, and it feels like any moment from now I might lose my cool.

The men returned back into the conference room, and I light a cigar taking a large drag from it.

🏵️🏵️🏵️

I step down from my car and finally enter my house after two days. Slinging my blazer on my shoulder,I make my way upstairs into my private kitchen.

Maja lay out my dinner on the kitchen counter,she turns around greeting me.

"You may go now"

She clears her throat "Can I have a word with you Don?"

I nod "What's it?"

"You asked me to keep an eye on your wife for the two days that you were away?"

I nodded cutting from my lasagna "And what did you find out?"

"She has been spending some time in sir Damien's room. After eating breakfast,she goes there and return back to her room in the evening"

"I will deal with it. You may leave now"

She bows her head leaving the kitchen. I dial Damien number and he picks on the second ring.

"Took you long enough"