Chapter 3.11

***

***

A/n ~ so this is only a small trigger warning for you all for like half of this chapter (the aftermath of the previous chapter) ~ including self-depreciation, slight panic attack and self-harm (not major). Read at your own risk.

I can't tell how much time has passed. But I know I'm no longer in the woods as my hands claw at the silk bedsheets beneath me. The smell of pine and honey shrouding the delicate material entraps my senses through the buzzing in my ears. Somethings different, I can't describe it. Everything feels... more.

"—we don't know how she's going to react. She could turn feral or become a shell of herself. I'm going to have to do more research. Believe it or not but five soulmates for one person who started out as a defective witch isn't that common." The muffled voice cuts through my eardrums, the buzzing of electricity following behind soon after.

"Your sarcasm isn't appreciated, mate." That voice—there's something so entrancing about it.

"Not to mention there's the possible outcome that she could turn into a tribrid, making her the most dangerous species in existence. So let's try not to get on her bad side."

"We still don't know—" the voice cuts off suddenly, allowing me a moment of peace through the maddening sounds of the house invading my mind.

Squinting through the sudden white light glaring down at me, I bring my hand up to shadow the gleam. Wincing at the sudden lightheadedness that hits me as I attempt to sit up, I'm thankful for the warm hand that rushes to support my back helping me to sit up from my place on the very comfortable bed.

"Maddie, sweetheart?" Oh. It's Stefan.

Biting back the ache in my jaw, I lean against the headboard and enable my eyes to fully open. Allowing my gaze to pass over the room, I take note of the thumping hearts of my mates standing near the edge of the bed surrounding a phone—the synchronised beats creating a peaceful harmony coaxing me to a serene state of mind. But something's missing.

Something's not right.

Rubbing the hollowness in my chest, I gasp at the anamnesis pain that strikes me full force from within the depths of my soul as my mind catches up to the events of last night. "Finn!"

"Where is he?! What—Oh my god!" Jumping up from the bed, I attempt to make a run for the door but arms wrap around my waist in my stumble. "No, let me go! I have to see him. Where is he?!"

"Maddie, love." Turning me around, Klaus's forces me to meet his eyes through his hold on my shoulders attempting to shake me from my frazzled state. "Maddison, calm down. You died with my blood in your system, sweetheart. We will tell you everything... But first..."

Slowly he reaches for the pockets inside his jacket and pulls out a vile of blood—the urge to rip it from his grasp overtakes me as a hunger I have never felt before exceeds my judgment. It feels like I haven't eaten in weeks.