Chapter 2.1

***

***

"Is she out of surgery yet?" I sit up instantly, seeing my brother come back from getting his coffee

Sighing, he shuts the door behind him before walking over to my bedside. "No. I promised I'd tell you if she was."

Looking down, I fiddle with my fingers anxiously. "I know, it's just- I just want to see her."

Seeing him put his coffee down from my peripheral vision, he places his hand on mine, stopping my fiddling. "I know, me too. And hey, your not supposed to be talking."

"No, I'm allowed to talk. It just... hurts a little." I admit, leaning back into the reclined bed attempting to ignore the scratchy pain in my throat.

Giving me a stern look, he just sits in his chair and hums while sipping on his coffee.

After a moment of silence, I open my mouth to say something. However, I'm cut off by the door opening and smile as I see Stefan enter the room stiffly.

"Hey."

"Hey." He smiles softly, his posture relaxing a little.

Realising he wants to speak to me alone due to his quick glances at Ty, I also look at my brother and see him on his phone, completely oblivious to my pointed look. Or he's just ignoring it. Rolling my eyes, I cough loudly gaining his attention as his alarmed eyes snap to mine.

"You okay?" He rushes out, warming my heart a little at his concern making me feel slightly guilty for worrying him.

"Yeah. Um, could you go get me some soup or something warm to help my throat please?" I ask, actually wanting something to help ease the raw burns.

"Yeah, sure. I won't be long." He instantly agrees, rushing from his chair not even spearing a glance at Stefan.

Sighing, I eye the Salvatore as he approaches me. His shoulders dropping with every step. "How're you doing?"