Chapter 2.5

***

***

In the Forbes residence a blonde and brunette lay awake in bed, cuddling after a very long night. John Gilbert left town abruptly, after surprisingly being threatened by the younger Salvatore, and after Maddison helped Caroline save their classmate, the Bennett witch left after being warned by the siphon that she should go before she says or does something she'll regret. Then with the help of Stefan, Maddison cleaned up her best friend and led her home - inviting her inside - as she had added herself to the deed to the house, having prepared for the moment her best friend would turn into a vampire. So now the two best friends lay next to each other I silence, thinking over the events of the night.

"How are you feeling?" A feeble whisper interrupts the silence of the cosy bedroom.

"I feel good. Surprisingly. I'm glad I didn't kill Carter. That would've sucked. And no offence but Stefan definitely described vampirism and control a lot better than you." The newbie vamp smirks slightly seeing her sisters offended face, her blonde hair fanned out on the pillow as she turns to the siphon.

Scoffing, Maddison mimics the green eyed vampire with a pout formed on her lips. "What because he said 'everything is heightened'? I could've said that!"

Her slight whine towards the end of her sentence leaves an amused smile on Caroline's face before they share a look as their giggles echo through the empty house.

——

Watching her best friend with soft eyes, Maddison covers her mouth to prevent the laugh that's desperate to escape her lips as Caroline lets out a loud snore without warning.

Jumping as a knock sounds at the bedroom door, the siphon looks up to see Stefan smiling at her as he leans against the door frame with his arms crossed. Giving him a smile, the brunette slides out of the bed quietly as he gestures her to follow him while he strides downstairs towards the living room.

"Hey what's up?"

Turning to face the younger Lockwood, Stefan gives the brunette an awkward yet guilty smile as she pauses in her steps, glancing at the Salvatore suspiciously. Knowing that whatever is about to come out of his mouth can't be good.

——