Chapter 2.10

***

***

Sighing, I look up as the car door opens and give the brothers a smile as they help me out of my seat in the back. Keeping his arm around my waist, Stefan leads me up the porch steps as Damon follows closely behind.

Hearing the squeak of the grand entrance door opening, I glance towards my home and smile reassuringly towards Care and Ty as they look at me in horror - I'm guessing not having expected to see me looking like a living zombie and being babied by the Salvatore brothers.

Snapping out of their shocked states, Stefan steps back as Tyler makes his way towards me and pulls me into a desperate hug, being careful not to squeeze me too tight.

"Are you okay?" He kisses the crown of my head before pulling away slightly to look me over.

"Yeah. Just a little sore, but I'm healing."

"So I can squeeze the shit out of you and smack your head at the same time for how stupid you are?!"

Looking over Ty's shoulder, I frown at Cares words and bite the inside of my cheek as she holds back tears before pushing my brother out the way and tackling me into a bear hug. After a long moment of awkward silence as Caroline wraps around me like a koala, an obnoxious cough has her pulling away and glaring at the suspect.

"Alright, moments over. Shouldn't we get her inside now?" The demon claps his hands, shrugging his shoulders whilst ignoring Cares glare.

Nodding, I step out of Caroline's arms and give the vampires a grateful smile. "Yeah. Thank you both for helping us and making sure I got home okay."

Turning towards my home, I take a step however pause at the sound of a car engine sounding closer by the second. Spinning on my heel, a smile makes its way onto my face as Bonnie and Jeremy hop out of the Bennett's familiar car and rush towards me after uncaringly parking her vehicle in the drive thru.

Attacking me on both sides, Bonnie and Jer wrap their arms around me tightly as they continuously ask me if I'm okay.

"Guys. Guys! I'm fine, I'm okay. Aren't you both supposed to be with Elena?"

Giving me some space, the both quickly glance towards each other before Jeremy clears his throat. "Uh, she kind of wanted to be alone. She's still not happy with the whole Katherine - masquerade thing."

"What?"

"Let's not dwell on it. How about we all have a movie night, so your not alone tonight?" Bonnie questions, slightly hopeful.