Chapter 2.3

***

***

"Oh my god, Care I am so sorry I'm late

"Oh my god, Care I am so sorry I'm late..." Trailing off as I come to stop in the middle of the room, I furrow my brows seeing the empty hospital bed. Looking at the watch on my wrist, my eyes widen as I see it's the middle of the night.

Hearing a chatter in the hall, I turn around and exit the room before walking through the halls of the hospital; the sound of the chatter getting louder as I near.

Turning a corner, my eyes widen as I watch Care growl angrily at one of the nurses. Biting my lip as guilt hits me full force for not being here for my best friend, I push it to the back of my mind for now and clear my throat, effectively gaining both their attention.

"What are you doing here? Visiting hours are over. I'm sorry, but your going to have to leave." The nurse snarks towards me, earning her another small growl from Caroline.

Striding towards my blonde friend, I take her hand in mine giving her a hopefully reassuring smile as I face the mocha skinned nurse who's narrowing her eyes at me.

Sending her a kind smile in hopes of getting on her good side, I wrack my brain for a small lie. "Sorry, I fell asleep here earlier after my friends surgery. I got worried when I woke up and found her bed empty so I've been scouring the hospital for her. I'll just take her back and be on my way."

Giving me a once over, the nurse rolls her eye before giving me a small nod, prompting me to pull Care down the hall and into her room, concealing my urgency from the humans' lingering eyes.

Shutting the door, I pull out a blood bag from my bag that I had managed to snag on my way up to the room and toss it to Care as she drinks from the plastic tube, the thick red liquid gliding through the transparent straw and into her mouth as she groans appreciatively.

Finishing the bag, she gasps in pain for a moment before rushing to the mirror in the bathroom, watching in painful curiosity as her fangs protrude from her gums and black veins appear under her now vibrant red eyes.