Chapter 2.21

***

***

Gaping at Klaus, I look between the coffins and the Mikaelson in shock as a small smile twitches at his lips. Stepping closer to me, he looks into my eyes and swallows thickly. "You, my love, have helped me with so much since I came into this wretched town. You have earned my eternal thanks and for that I am impressed, I can see now why you were chosen for myself and my brother and I want to prove that I am worthy of your affections."

Furrowing my brows as he softly caresses my face, I watch as he pulls away and walks in the direction of the coffins. Stopping in front of one specifically, he takes a deep breath before opening the top. "You know you don't have to earn my affections Klaus. Sure it'll take some time to get used to, but I don't want you to feel like your unworthy of me. We're all flawed in our own unique ways and you forget that I basically know you due to my visions. I already know what to expect, your the one that'll have to judge and familiarise yourself with me and my flaws."

Staring at me intently over the coffin, he smiles showing off his dimples and beckons me closer. "I would never judge you."

Hesitating as I glance at the coffin in trepidation, I almost jump out of skin as a squeal sounds from my lips at the feeling of a warm hand placed on my back. Spinning around, I relax and hit Elijah in the chest with a faux glare. "Oh my god! Why would you do that 'Lijah?"

Amusement dancing behind his brown irises, I cross my arms as a strained smile stiffens his face, barely concealing his laughter, although Klaus does no such thing, his chuckles echoing throughout the large warehouse.

"I apologise. I did not mean to frighten you, Elskan."

"Yes my brother has been incredibly irritating since I announced that I was going to wake up our siblings today." Klaus' voice reaches our ears as we turn to see a smirk plastered on his face.

"Wait. Your doing this now?" I question the hybrid in shock.

Smirking at my frazzled facial expression, he nearly shrugs. "Yes. Unless you'd suggest a different time, love."

"No, no. It's just... I didn't expect it to be so soon. I thought we'd wait a week until you were ready." I explain as I watch him closely.

Breathing out through his nose, Klaus brings his hand to rest atop the coffin as he gazes at it thoughtfully. "In all honesty I don't think this is something I'll ever be ready for. But as long as your here I believe I'll be alright. Your worry is flattering though, love."

Smiling at the hybrid, I gaze up at Elijah as his hold on my waist tightens. "Who are we starting with brother?"

"Finn," they both look at me due to my interruption, although I stand by my words. "Finn should be first."

Closing the coffin in front of him which I believe holds his sister, Rebekah, I move with him to stand in front of the coffin at the end of the line. Placing a hand over his before he can lift the lid, I look up at the hybrid as he pauses at the contact and looks at me curiously.