Chapter 1.19

***

***

Walking alone through town square, Elena waits for Isobel. Shuddering from the cold, she jumps feeling a presence behind her. Turning around, she stands stiff as she takes in the sight of her emotionless birth mother.

"Where is the device?"

Inhaling a sharp breath, the doppelgänger attempts to keep a brave face. "Where is my brother?"

"This isn't a negotiation. Where is the invention?"

"Where is my brother?" She asks, not relenting.

Raising a brow at the persistent teen, the vampire remains emotionless. "Do you really think that I came alone?"

Just as those words leave her lips, her henchmen Frank and Cherie arrive, speeding behind Elena.

Like mother like daughter, the doppelgänger confidently steps forward. "Did you really think that I came alone?"

Damon and Stefan arrive behind Isobel, a small brunette making an appearance from behind the vampires, standing between them. Turning her head, Isobel observes all three of them, her eyes lingering on the girl a little longer before returning to her daughter in irritation.

"For god sakes, call home."

"What?" Elena questions, confused by the demand.

"Call home and ask to speak to your brother Jeremy." Swallowing harshly, the doe eyed brunette does as she's told, taking her phone from her pocket and dials home.

Listening in on the phone call, Damon leans down to whisper in Maddison's ear, "He's okay."

Relaxing slightly, the siphon furrows her brow shifting uncomfortably as she notes Elena's biological mother watching her with an intrigued look.

"You were never gonna hurt him."

Turning back to her daughter, the vampire rolls her eyes at the slight spark of hope in the doppelgängers eyes. "No, I was going to kill him. Don't look for any redeeming qualities in me. I don't have any."

"But you took a risk with Damon. How did you know that he was gonna give it to me?" She steps forward interested in her mothers reply.

Smirking, Isobel glances over her shoulder at the teenage girl behind her, as the two Salvatore's tense at her obvious interest in the girl. "Not you."

"You know, it's fascinating to see how history tries to repeat itself. Although, you do have one thing Katherine didn't. An obstacle. A complication." She taunts her daughter, stepping closer to her, enjoying the way her face scrunches up in spite, the doppelgängers obvious jealousy for the beautiful teen amusing her.