Chapter 1.10

***

***

Of all the things I could be doing today

Of all the things I could be doing today. I could be shopping, exploring the city, maybe even a little food tasting but no- here I am trudging through the mucky woods looking for the bayou protected by a certain she wolfs family, praying that getting ripped apart by wolves won't be the way I go this time. All to help these people have better futures as I remind myself once again questioning why I'm doing this-

I groan suddenly from the squelching noise emerging under my foot. I look down to see half of my Steve Madden boots stuck in a mud puddle. Huffing I place my hands on the nearest tree, steadying myself as I grunt, pulling my foot out of the ditch frowning at my now mud coated shoe.

However, before I can curse this place to the next century, I hear a loud growl that echoes throughout the forest. Looking up hesitantly, my focus zones in at the sight of a familiar cabin next to a very familiar bayou, forgetting about the wolf momentarily my body relaxes as I sigh in relief. Although, that relief only lasts for a second before another vicious growl is sent my way.

Whipping my head around my eyes widen at the sight of almost a dozen wolves, their hungry glares set on my figure. I still, attempting to not set them off as my eyes scan the forest hoping to see the blonde locks of a peculiar untriggered wolf. I almost jump for joy when I see her hiding behind a tree gazing at me curiously and call out her name as she looks to me in shock, stepping back.

Seeing her about to run I say without thinking, "I'm here to help. Andrea's alive."

As those words escape me I see one of the brown coated wolves still, believing it to be Jackson. I set my sights back to the blonde and continue as she peers at me, obviously conflicted, "I don't know where she is. But I do know how to help you find her."

Stepping forward she inquires softly, "How do you know her?"

"I don't. Not really. I'm a witch, but I don't work for Marcel. I'm not from here." I say hastily, as the wolves all growl hearing my supernatural status.

"I'm also an untriggured wolf." I add,

Now it's their turn to still as the words spill from my lips. Hoping to gain their trust, I continue as I catch sight of the confused yet doubtful looks they share.