Chapter 2.17

***

***

"He's in Alarics body?! Ew."

Nodding in agreement, I watch amused as the group in front of me share a shiver of disgust at the revelation.

"Wait. So your going to call him over and then what? Catch him off guard? Don't you think that's a little dangerous Mads?" Stefan leans forward in his seat, worried lines creasing his forehead.

"Yes, I'll be fine. He'll be in Alarics body for one, so he won't have any of the supernatural strength and speed as he usually would, and he'll be on his own because he has no reason to believe that we know he's Alaric."

Seeing his troubled expression, I chew on my lip in contemplation and find myself looking back at Elijah who stands in front of the fireplace with his hands in his pockets looking like the god he is.

Seeing the Mikaelson's sigh and slight nod, I smile thankful and turn back to Stefan. "How about you stay?"

"What?" His head shoots up in surprise.

Shrugging, I find myself glancing back at the Mikaelson for reassurance as he smiles softly in my direction with a spark in his eye. "It shouldn't be too much of a problem for you to be here with me and Elijah. I mean, if you want of course. It'll help give you some peace of mind if your here-"

"Yes. I'll stay." He interrupts as he sends Elijah a nod of gratitude which the Original returns.

"Great." I voice with a smile.

Jumping up out of my seat, I pull up my phone and dial Alarics number with a grin as Caroline shushes everyone while Bonnie mumbles a spell casting everyone's voices to silence. Mouthing a small thank you in the Bennett's direction, I place my hand up causing everyone to pause as the phone stops ringing and Alarics voice travels through the mobile.

"Maddison?"

"Hey Ric! Klaus made his first move today, requesting that Elena save him a dance tonight at the 60's decade dance. Everyone's at the Boarding House to come up with a plan."

"I'm on my way, love."

Rolling my eyes at his not so discreet pet name, I turn back to the group as he hangs up and give them a nod as they all relax.

"What are you guys doing?" I question the group as they all share a confused look.

"You need to leave."

Watching as they all scramble up and head for the door, I let out a satisfied smile as giddiness fills me at the thought of meeting the Niklaus Mikaelson so soon, even if he is in Alaric body. Rolling my eyes as I catch sight of Damon sitting on the arm chair with an annoyed face, I huff and stride towards the Salvatore with my arms crossed.

"Damon. Leave."

Setting down his bourbon, he scowls at the command and rolls his eyes. "Why do I have to leave? This is my house!"