Chapter 2.9

***

***

Feeling my consciousness push forward, I groan as something sharp pierces my wrist. Cringing at the feeling of uninvited wet lips on my skin, I let out a distressed breath as the feeling of the blood in my veins is being pulled in one direction and out of my body. Thankful for my new advanced healing as the pounding in my head decreases from being slammed into Elena's car, my eyes flutter open on their own accord. Breathing heavily at the sight of a man hovering over me with my wrist in his mouth, I let out a scream. However, the man lunges forward and silences me by placing his hand over my mouth, my blood dripping from his chin; staining the old, worn couch under me.

"Trevor! Get your hands off the poor girl." A woman I recognise to be Rose enters the room with a disappointed look as she looks at her life long friend.

Groaning, Trevor stands dramatically stomping his feet as he argues with Rose about her ruining his 'fun'. Taking this opportunity to look around the abandoned house I'm in, I look to my left at an unconscious Elena with a red hand print on her face as she's subconsciously curled into the dusty couch.

Glancing around the room, I take note of the boards covering the windows to block out the sun and the only exit in the room is through the double doors at the top of the stairs on the small platform near Rose and her pet.

Feeling dizziness seep in as black dots intercept my vision, I lay back on the couch and catch my breath as I enclose my hand over my wrist to prevent even more blood loss. However, slowly I feel the wound healing as my vision returns to normal. Gaping as I look down at the smooth skin on my wrist, I wipe the blood away from where the now invisible puncture wounds were and sigh as my thoughts are brought back to Sarah. The girl I killed, my own classmate.

Blinking back the tears as Elena groans beside me, I scoot towards her as she pushes herself into a sitting position holding back a wince from the odd position her neck was in.

"You okay?" I whisper out of courtesy, my eyes on the red mark on her face.

Ignoring me, the Gilberts' head snaps towards Rose and Trevor's voices coming from the next room as she stands and tip toes towards the open doors at the top of the stairs, funnily enough reminding me of Bambi on ice. Rolling my eyes at her nescience, I bring my knees towards my chest and rest my head on them as a floorboard creeks under her feet gaining the attention of the kidnapping duo.

"You! There's nothing around here for miles. If you think you're getting out of this house, you're tragically wrong. Understand?"

Lifting her chin to show she's not intimidated by Rose's threatening stance, Elena crosses her arms defiantly. "Who's Elijah?"

"He's your worst nightmare."