Chapter 2.6

***

***

Grumbling as my phones' ring tone wakes me up from my peaceful slumber, I groan and roll over into my pillow to try and block out the hideous sound.

Sighing in content as the ringing stops, I sink further into my pillow as I drift back to sleep. Just as my eyes close, they snap back open as I narrow my eyes at the rectangular device as the annoying ring tone yet again fills up the space of my room.

Huffing as I hear Ty's shout from down the hall for me to and I quote, "Answer the fucking phone!"

I roll my eyes before flopping onto my back and blindly reach out for the cell on the nightstand, answering the call and placing it to my ear. "Yes?"

"Maddie? Can I come over?"

Scrunching my brows up at her hesitance, I instantly reply yes as she informs me she's on her way over before hanging up.

Knowing something is definitely wrong with my CareBear, I'm up instantly and run the bath; gathering scrubs, bath salts, face masks etc, and before I know it the blonde walks through the doors of my bedroom and jumps on my bed face first.

After a long moment of silence, I smile a little before muttering, "The bath is running."

Instantly she's up and walking into my bathroom. Stripping off her clothes, she sits herself in the bath amercing herself in the bubbles while she lets out a long, strained breath.

"I have so much shit to tell you."

Taking my place on the stool next to the tub, I gesture for her to go on and boy do I want to strangle Katherine Pierce.

——

"You ready?"

Seeing her nod, I knock on the door of the Gilbert house. Hearing footsteps on the other side of the threshold, I step back as the door opens and a smiling Alaric invites us inside. Walking into the house, I'm greeted by the smell of greasy barbecue food and a smiling Jenna who gives us both a warm hug instantly chatting us up.

Sitting at the kitchen table, our girl talk is interrupted as my uncle entres the room holding shot glasses.

"Good news! I found the shot glasses- Maddie!? Hey kid." He tries to play off as he hides the glasses behind his back, sending me an innocent smile. However, the avoidance of eye contact tells me instantly that he remembers out encounter in the woods yesterday as he glances around the room.

Not wanting anything to be awkward with him, I smile softly at my uncle giving him a little wave. "Hey."

Not sensing the tension between the three of us as Care also shifts nervously, Jenna grins at Mason while rolling her eyes. "You're here for 10 minutes and I'm already back under the bleachers at the pep rally."