Chapter 3.7

***

***

"You got everything?"

Grumpily lifting the suitcase into the car, I purse my lips to hide my laugh while she glares at me beneath her lashes. "Why am I the one doing all the useless work when I've been here the longest looking after the mini you?!"

Raising a brow at her words, I shake myself from my amusement and step forward placing my hand over the duffle bag she's halfway lifted. Pausing her actions she looks up with frustration as I purse my lips to hide a laugh and place the bag in the trunk. "There. Now your not doing the useless work!"

Biting my lip as her eye twitches in annoyance, I shake my head before reaching inside the last bag on the floor. "Alright, honestly? I was worried about you. On your last update you mentioned Marcel threatening you and didn't go into detail. So I thought it'd be safer to let Caroline and Tyler go with 'Vina to help her compel her mother with magic that I showed her while me and you lay low and get the car ready to leave so we can talk."

Finding what I'm looking for as my fingers brush over the soft plastic packaging, I hook my fingers around the weighted bag and present it with a smile. Placing it in her hand, I watch her hungry eyes narrow. "Thank you. For looking after her. It's B plus, your favourite."

"You are too good at what you do." She huffs before breaking the cap off the bag and gulping down the crimson red liquid in relief.

"Well, it's best not to do anything half-assed, especially in a world like this." Lifting the last bag, I haul it into the trunk before shutting the door with the flick of my wrist.

"Show off." She scoffs finishing the blood bag off with a lick of her lips.

Crossing my arms, I turn to look at her teasing smirk and find myself matching the look with a playful glare. "Hey! Your the vampire with super strength and stamina complaining about lifting the damn bags."

"And your the freaky supernatural phenomenon who was standing there laughing while I filled up your car with your luggage." She scoffs throwing the empty blood bag to the floor in disdain.

Pursing my lips, a smile curves at the corners as I stare at her in both amusement and confusion. "When the hell did you learn a fancy word like that?"

"Oh shut up!" She rolls her eyes playfully.

After a few beats of silence we both chuckle basking in the normalcy of such a conversation for a moment before a seriousness befalls on my face. "What happened with Marcel?"

Scoffing, she leans against the trunk of the car crossing her arms with a scowl. "The dick tried to scare me into submission saying how he's the king of New Orleans and I have to follow his rules or he'll put me down. I mean what does he think I am? A pet? Plus it's not like I haven't got my hunger under control now, I haven't killed anyone in months. Then he asked about my daylight ring. He thought one of the witches here made it or something, but I told him it was none of his business and that I would never work with those hags. I think I made him angry though 'cause he snapped my neck after that and the next thing I know I'm waking up on the sidewalk where some lady asked me if I was homeless."