𝗍ᥕᥱᥒ𝗍ᥡ-ᥱіgһ𝗍 - 𝖿ᥲᥡᥱ

Start from the beginning

Brielle was at my house helping me get ready, raving about her date with Matteo tomorrow night.  It was cute how much she cared for him already.  They seemed like they'd be cute together. 

I was putting on mascara when I glanced and saw her reaching over to grab a glass of water.

"What's that?" I asked, seeing the long scratch on her wrist. 

"Oh," she thought for a minute.  "My cat scratched me while I was playing with him, nothing serious."

I didn't know she had a cat.

I finished putting on the rest of my makeup and finally felt ready.

I heard the sound of a doorbell and raced downstairs.

He told me to dress casually, so I was wearing an orange fall sweater with jeans and the ring he'd gotten me.

"Hey babe," he said sweetly, gently pulling me towards him and kissing my forehead.

He held out flowers in front of me. Daisies. Definitely in my top ten flowers.

I smiled gratefully at him and kissed him softly.

Brielle cleared her throat behind me, making me turn around.

She silently took the flowers from my hands and walked to the kitchen.

I decided not to question it and walked out of the house with Kai.

He walked over to his side and got in the car. I made sure I had everything before opening the door and sliding in.

*******

He pulled into the lot and I still didn't know what we were doing. It looked like an old, abandoned house. Why would he take me here?

I decide not to question it and followed him to the doors of the building.

I let out a blood-curdling scream as a masked figure jumped in front of me.  Kai whipped his head around and sighed in relief as he saw the figure.  He just grabbed my hand and whisked me along.

"What was that?" I asked, out of breath.

"Welcome to the infamous haunted house everybody's been dying to go to this year," he smirked.  I've never heard of this alleged "infamous haunted house", but if it makes Kai happy then I'll go.

He half my hand the whole way through the line, constantly smiling down at me.  He seemed so happy.

Not that being happy is unusual, but he seems extremely happy.  It's making me confused.

A masked clown walked us through the doors and quickly took out pictures.  We walked through the hallway and waited for our cue to enter.

I slowly walked in, clinging to Kai's back, and braced for what was to come.

*******

We walked back to the car together, laughing at the meaningless.  It's the meaningless things that always end up meaning the most.

After we piled in, he started driving, but he missed the turn to my home.

"You missed that turn," I stated, hoping he'd elaborate.

"Yeah," then he stays silent.

Okay...

I quieted myself for the duration of the ride.  That was until he pulled into an unfamiliar building.  I couldn't see what it was in the dark, but I was eager to find out.

"Stay here," he commanded and rushed inside.

Ten agonizing minutes later, he opened the doors, two bags in hand.  He set them on my lap as he got into the car.

I opened the styrofoam box in the bag and welcomed the pancake that invaded my nostrils. 

"Don't eat yet," he told me, reaching over to close the top of the box.  As he leaned over, he lightly kissed my temple before pulling back.

We pulled into an empty parking lot.  He got out of the car and I followed him until he opened the trunk.

The inside made me gasp.

Inside was blankets and pillows and fairy lights and flowers and it was beautiful.

I looked up at him and saw his wide smile that warmed my heart.  He took me into his arms and I fell into his warmth.

He pulled back after forever and led me back into his car with him following.

I opened the four boxes.

One had two pancakes.

One had two waffles.

One had eggs.

One had hash brown.

I smiled over at him and set my head on his shoulder.

"You're too good for me," I said softly, grabbing the fork he handed to me.

I took the pancake box and a packet of butter he'd grabbed.

"Where's the syrup?" I asked, not seeing any.

"Uhh-" he hesitated.

"Kai Evan!" I laughed, "Did you not get syrup for pancakes?  That's an abomination!"

"Yeah yeah, your boyfriend sucks.  Eat your waffles," he yapped, scooping eggs into his mouth.

I giggled and kissed his cheek.

I stopped complaining and contemplated eating the syrup-less pancakes.

I didn't.

I stared at the rest of the food watching as Kai shoved it into his mouth.

**********

We talked and laughed and kissed and watched the stars and had one of the best nights of my life.

Kai took me back home and walked me up to my doorstep.  He kissed me goodnight and walked back to his car.

I unwound and lay in my bed wondering how perfect our date was.  How perfect Kai is.

How perfect is too perfect?

QOTD: Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert?

Word Count: 1364