78

Tae looked up from his laptop as soon as he heard the sound of the door opening. He got up alarmed, as his gaze traveled to the wall clock. 

What's happening? It was only eleven. 

" Yanah?" He raised his eyebrows wondering why she was back already when she had told him that she would be late. But he got no response so he tried again.

" Yanah..", he called out, curiosity spiking up but still there was nothing.

    With a frown he opened the door and stepped out of his room, his eyes searching for his friend but she was nowhere to be seen and he was getting worried. 

" Yanah?" he called as he walked to the living room but was puzzled by the sight that welcomed him because she was sitting on the couch seemingly busy with her own thoughts which may be the reason why she hasn't even heard him calling her all this time.

    And Tae scrunched his face in confusion seeing her disheveled appearance. Her coat was already off, left on the floor, her hair was a mess as if someone had pulled them purposefully.

    And Tae could only know just one person who would have the courage to do that and it's none other than this idiot sitting in front of him. And her whole makeup was ruined and he honestly couldn't help but feel worried.

He sighed, seeing her still hadn't noticed his presence near her.

 " Yanah", he called her louder, this time successfully garnering her attention. " What happened?" he asked softly as he looked at her staring at him without even blinking.

     But the next instant he stumbled backwards as the girl lunged forward and threw herself into his arms, arms wrapping around his torso, burying her face in the crook of his neck.

     Tae was startled instantly tensing up, he was not ready for this. But this is Yanah, no one else he tried to console himself.

" What happened?" he asked softly, wrapping his arms around her protectively realizing the girl was sobbing against him.

" I'm sorry, I'm so sorry", he heard her clearly, even the words come out muffled because of their position.

    He frowned instantly, not understanding what's going on. The only thing that he knows is that she was invited to a party which she didn't want to attend but still has left for the venue reluctantly a few hours ago.

" What happened?" he asked softly, patting her head to calm her down.

" I cheated on you" the girl sobbed, startling him. " I'm so sorry!"

     Tae stilled, the movement of his hands coming to a halt. But he didn't let it show as he immediately resumed what he was doing. He started patting her back softly, urging her to continue if she wants.

   Yanah was fuming in his hold, worrying him with her actions. " They dared me to kiss a guy! I protested but they kept on asking me to do that!"

    Tae sighed knowing how much it must have affected her. After all, this girl is the one who would explode if someone touches her without consent even if it's just accidental or unintentional. 

" It's okay", Tae said, trying to calm her, already feeling worried about her getting out of control.

     But he could feel the anger bubbling in his mind, not at her though. But the ones who forced her to do something that she doesn't want to do. What's wrong with people these days? Don't they know what no is?