34

" Surprise?" Jungkook asked, getting confused about the part. " Now what are you talking about?"

Tae frowned. " I thought I already told you about it!"

Jungkook furrowed his eyebrows seeing how displeased Tae was and he was honestly racking up his brain to find the connection when it finally dawned upon him.

" Ohh!" He gasped, slapping his forehead for being an idiot to actually forget about that piece of information.

" Yeah, I'm sorry for missing the timing", he scrambles to say. " But I didn't understand the surprise part though!"

Tae let out a deep sigh, yawning. " You don't have to understand everything", he said as he rubbed his eyes.

The younger stared at him not knowing what to feel about it all. " Is there anything more to it?" he asked, wondering about it even though it was clear that there is.

And Tae nodded, confirming that for him.

" There would always be a lot you may never have a clue about", he said, his voice coming out as a mere whisper.

Jungkook however didn't fail to catch the words because it would be a surprise if he didn't consider their close proximity.

" I thought that you already forgave him", he said, deciding to clear his doubt which arose after hearing what Tae said earlier. " So it seems you are still stuck there!"

Tae chuckled. " I did forgive him", he said, emphasizing each of the words. " It's just that I don't want you to make any kind of promises to me!"

The ravenette couldn't help but frown, and he could feel the anxiety growing up. " But I wasn't lying when I said that earlier. I really want to be with you!"

" But still I don't want you to promise me anything", Tae said softly, shaking his head at the younger who frowned instantly on hearing those words.

It was clearly annoying how Tae was not ready to understand his efforts but he was still not going to be mad at the boy after knowing why Tae was being like this.

" You don't want to see me after all this ends?" The ravenette's voice was strained as he looked at the other with hopeful eyes not wanting to get an unpleasant answer.

Tae turned to him, puzzled. " All this?"

Jungkook sighed, seemingly done. " Once we are out of this place", he said as he looked at the brunette with a questioning look.

Tae looked away mumbling something under his breath which the younger missed.

" I don't want you to promise me a forever..but I want you to live up to it and prove that to me...."

" What did you say?" Jungkook asked.

Tae shakes his head without making a response. " Nothing!"

" Tae", Jungkook called, his voice wavering. " You won't see me after we leave this place? You don't want to stay with me as much as I want to?"

Tae looked at him, a little bit flustered even though the other boy couldn't make it out from the blank face he managed to pull.

" Jungkook, I didn't say anything of the sort", he said.

" And no, I'm not going to cut the ties with you! You are my best friend and I would never push you away", he sighed.

Jungkook nodded even though he was not happy with the reply he got because this is not what he wanted to hear from the older. But still he chose not to press further because there is no use in arguing when there are things he couldn't say aloud right now.