Mai Returns

"We should kill him you know." Vendetta whispered in Mai's head.

"Would you be quiet. For all we know he can read minds." Mai replied as she worked on the console dragon radar as she laid on her back to reach the inner compartments.

It had been a full year since she, along with Pilaf and Shu, had escaped Mr. Sinister's clutches. For the first six months it was all pleasant. Pilaf had been working on his usual scheme to rule the world and rid it of Son Venom. Herself and Shu had always been there to assist, but on her free time she actually caught the training bug which no doubt was past down to her from the symbiote genetic chain. While unable to know the finer aspects of martial arts, Mai did learn the basics.

A while back while Mai was sleeping, she had triggered one of Goku's earlier memories of him training under Grandpa Gohan. Finding it informative, she ordered a book called 'Mediation for Dummies' so she could retrieve more of these memories and learn from them. After meditating, she would apply her leasons out in the field. While she did learn a lot, she knew she couldn't be a full martial artist since Goku/Venom had started their training under Master Roshi after she had bonded to Vendetta. In essence, Mai a basic brawler compared to Goku and Launch.

Since then, her muscles have become more defined with her stomach on the crisp of forming a four pack. To her surprise, Vendetta had informed her about six months ago she was close to being just as powerful as Goku and Launch. It was a bit complexing since she didn't train for all that long, but Vendetta had explained to her that some symbiotes had more potential than the others. There was no indication to tell which symbiotes were the most gifted, however Vendetta did note that the most powerful and violent of symbiotes were normally red.

However, that all changed a couple months back when Shu broke a rice cooker they stole from Sinister's hideout. When that happen....

"You have been working on that machine for the past month. Shouldn't you be done already?" Came a voice nearby.

"No Piano, I am not." Mai replied as she rolled away from the machine, now looking up at the pterodactyl looking demon. When Mai first met him, she nearly spat on the ground. After confronting Sauron last year, she had enough of any evil sentient looking pterodactyls telling her what to do, whether they be demon spawn, a mutant, or otherwise. Still, she had to keep up the nice obedient act for Pilaf's and Shu's sake.

"Remember, this in service of the great Demon King Piccolo! He needs this radar fully operational soon. The 22nd World Martial Arts Tournament should be coming to a close tomorrow. We need this ready to make our move to find the dragon balls." Piano barked.

"I said we are working on it the best we can. It's a sophisticated machine, it needs for all the right calibrations to work." Mai said. That of course what she hadn't been doing at all. This entire time Mai had been tampering with the machine. Each time Pilaf fixed a part of the machine, Mai made sure another component got destroyed. While Pilaf and Piccolo had the same goal in ruling the world, Pilaf only really wanted to rule for the sake of ruling, a spoiled imp's dream that she could get behind. However, King Piccolo didn't just want to rule, he wanted to make everyone under the sun suffer. She was doing everything she could to undermine Piccolo without him knowing, which was proving difficult everyday, especially with Pilaf making more improvements than she was able to cause hiccups.

"Imagine a universe where you actually served Bonollo happily. Sounds like a part of a plot to a really bad movie." Vendetta said in her head, trying to lighten the mood so Mai wouldn't snap back. Now wasn't the time to strike.

"There should be no excuses, we need this computer operational by tomorrow! Otherwise, you and your two friends will die! Understand you weak human!" Piano cried.