A Father's Purpose

A distant memory...

"Norman, this is insane! We shouldn't be doing this!" Dr. Curt Connors pleaded to his employer Norman Osborn as they entered Oscorp's basement laboratory, which was only accessible to the two men and a select few other scientists.

"You of all people know what's it's like to lose something. You lost your arm and your family to this Mercenary Tao guy after all. If there is any chance to save my wife and potentially Harry, I have to take the risk." Norman said as the two men gathered around a dead body under a black sheet.

"Wait. Is that what I think it is?" Dr. Connors asked his employer.

"Yes, Subject Green Omega 2." Norman stated as he removed the sheet, revealing a dead green skinned alien with antenna and pointy ears. "Known as the heir spawn of the legendary Demon King Piccolo. Rumor has it that unlike his other spawn, this subject was supposed to take over for his father in the event the Demon King fell. Sadly for him, he did not live up to his father expectations and died before his father had disappeared during his fateful battle with Master Mutaito. To this day, not even the experts know his cause of death."

"And why is it here now?" Connors asked.

"Well according to the legends, these demon clan types had the ability to heal quickly as long as they weren't too damaged or their brain was still intact. If there is any hope making sure my wife makes a full recovery, it will be in their DNA." Norman said as he took a needle and extracted a sample of the purple blood from the subject.

"Mr. Osborn, you don't expect me to be the test subject?" Connors asked in a worried manner.

"Not at all Curt. Since I am the one requesting this, I  should be the one who receives the injection. I just need someone I can trust to handle anything that goes wrong and there is no one I trust more than you." Norman said as he rolled his sleeve up.

"Norman, you shouldn't be doing this. Think of the side effects-" Connors pleaded, but it was too late. Norman had already injected himself with half the sample of blood. "HAVE YOU LOST ALL YOUR SANITY!!! WE SHOULD HAVE TESTED IT ON A SUBJECT FIRST!!!"

"No, I'm not crazy. What I am out of is time." Norman replied, but something aside him felt like giving his friend a yes with a devilish grin. He pushed the thought aside, thinking it was unprofessional.

"So now that you have the blood sample aside, how about we test it. See if you have any regenerative abilities." Connors requested.

"Good idea." Norman said in a raspy voice unlike his own as he took a knife and cut his own thumb off. He didn't even scream out in pain, but he did bite his tongue. However, it felt like he was resisting the urge to hysterically laugh instead.

"NORMAN!!!" Dr. Connors screamed in horror, his PTSD resurfacing from his experience with Mercenary Tao.

"That's it, come back baby." Norman(?) said as the finger regenerated on his own. Connors stared in amazement, hope surging back in him for the first time in years.

"This....this is amazing. Think of all the break throughs in science we can make. We can erase diseases, cure cancer, grow back limbs. Maybe I can finally have my arm back." Connors said in amazement.

"Well, if you want it so badly, maybe you should have just ASKED!!!" Norman(?) responded in a voice befitting a creature rather than a man as he picked up the vile with the remaining blood and slammed it against Dr. Connors' face. Curt cried out in agony as some of glass pierced his cheeks and eyes, the vile of blood entering through the open cuts and mouth.

"Have a nice life Connors!!!!" Norman(?) shrieked with an insane laughter as he gut punch Connors. The poor scientist was sent flying into a tank full of all sorts of lizards, ranging from salamanders to crocodiles to many types of dinosaurs.