Chapter 90 || Betrayal

Isaac POV*

A few days had gone by, and everyone was more than ready to move out of the church. "And where exactly do you plan on sleeping tonight?" Marc argued with Aubrey. "You're set on leaving but we don't have anywhere to go."

Aubrey continued to pack her bags as she explained to him. "We just need to find a place then." She said. Marc looked at her confused.

"You said you wanted to stay in this town, So we should go out and find a home," She said as she walked around her room, collecting her things.

"We can't just do that, it's not that simple." Marc sighed, his hand running over his face. "We can at least try, right." She smiled. "Let's just go out and see what we can find, if it's nothing we can always come back here tonight." She explained as she finished packing, She didn't have a lot of things.

Marc took a deep breath and decided just to drop it. "Alright, fine." He turned around and went back to his workstation. I couldn't help but laugh. I was happy all of this was over, but I am gonna miss the small things like this.

"Okay, ready?" Lukas asked as he looked down at me. I looked up at him.

I promised my dad I would come home a few days ago, But Lukas's recovery took a bit longer. He still had some trouble walking. But he was feeling a lot better.

So when I told him I promised my dad, he insisted he'd come with me. I had no objecrions, of course. But I was slightly nervous about how dad was going to react.

"We're leaving." He turned to Marc. He nodded, not looking up from his work.

I got up from my seat and we made our way to the shop.

We entered from the back door, as the shop wasn't open yet. As I stepped in it was even quieter than I expected. "Hello?" I said out loud, hoping to alert my dad we were there.

Sure enough, he emerged from his study, "Hey, you're here!" He smiled as he walked up to us. He looked from me to Lukas, his expression turned into concern. "Are you okay? Isaac told me what happened."

Lukas let out an awkward laugh. "I'm okay- Thank you." He smiled.

"Is it okay if he stays here? Aubrey and Marc are gonna look for another place but-" I asked. Dad looked at me for a second before smiling. "Of course," He agreed. I let out a mental sigh of relief. "Thanks." I smiled.

Dad nodded before turning around. "I'll get some extra blankets." He said before walking off to another room. I turned to Lukas and gestured for him to follow me. We went upstairs, back to my room. I dropped the stuff I grabbed from church and the small bag Lukas had filled.

He sat down on my bed as I started to unpack my things.

"It's still a weirds thing to think about." Lukas started as he walked behind me. "What is?" I asked, looking back at him. "Having an actual house." He said, looking down. I dropped my stuff and fully turned around to face him. "But is a good weird, right?" I smiled, walking up to him. "It's a great weird." He smiled back.

I let out a laugh as he pulled me into a hug, taking in a deep breath. "Thanks." He said quietly. "For what?"

"Everything." He looked down at me. I looked up a little confused, but then I thought back at what he said before.

When he said he felt that all of this was because of me. I didn't want to agree, but I stayed silent as I looked back at

We looked at each other in silence for a few seconds. He leaned closer to me.

"Okay, here we are" I pushed h9m away as my made walked into the room, his arms full with the blanket he got for us. I awkwardly made my way over to him and took the blankets from his hands.

"Thanks, dad." I smiled putting the blankets down on my bed. "We've got it from here."I smiled at him. He nodded. He was about to leave the room and head back downstairs when the sound of the bell and through the house.

I looked up at my dad confused. "I thought we were still closed?" He smiled as he turned to the door. "Must be Ava. She's probably here to get her dad's medicine." He turned to the door and went downstairs. I followed him, kind of excited to see Ava.

Dad was already in the front when I came down. Lukas also followed us, but was still a little slow, considering his leg was still wounded. 

I heard them talk as I made my way through the door. I walked up to my dad, Ava stared at me confused as I did. "Hey!" I smiled, getting ready to start a conversation but she stayed quiet.

She looked even more confused when Lukas walked in as well, the color drained from her face as she stared at the two of us. "You're- back?" She asked, trying to compose herself. I nodded. "Yeah. It's over." I smiled.

"But I thought the hunters-" I looked at her confused as she tried to put her thoughts into words. "You fought them off?" She asked eventually.

"Yeah, we did, but not the way we wanted to. " I said back. "But after they showed up out of nowhere we didn't have a choice..." Lukas added. My dad looked at us intrigued. "Okay, you're gonna tell me the whole story tonight." He smiled as he walked to the back to grab the medicine.

"they showed up?" Ava continued. I turned back to her. "Yeah, we were about to go look for them when they stormed the church..." I explained. "I'm not sure how they found us."

She looked down for a second. "But you won?" She asked quietly. "Well yeah, but not without getting shot." Lukas smiled, talking about the wound on his leg.

She looked up at us shocked. "You got shot." We nodded. "that's what tends to happen when you fight literal monster hunters." I said.

She took a deep breath as she kept her eyes fixed on the floor. "I'm sorry...' She said quietly. "What do you mean?" I asked confused, leaning onto the counter. "I didn't know they would- I-" I could see tears forming in her eyes. I got up and made my way over to her. I put my hand on her shoulder as I tried to meet her eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I asked again, she shook her head as he took a step back. "This is all my fault-" She continued, more to herself than to anyone else.

"It's not your fault?" I said.

She looked up at me, tears now clearly visible. "It is my fault. I told them where you were."