Chapter 27 || Reveal

Isaac POV*

He held up the crossbow, aiming at the wolf, and shot. "No-" Lukas yelled from next to me. He took a step closer to the window. The arrow shot towards the wolf, but I ducked away quickly, just like Aubrey did with Ava...

Lukas let out a relieved sigh. I looked up at him confused. "Son of a" the man cursed as he tried to load another arrow. "It's no use, the others are clean." His partner stopped him. "What- why would you only put it on one of the arrows?!" the first one yelled back.

The one with the gun shrugged. "Whatever man let's just come back later." He grunted. The other agreed silently. They both started to walk back quickly, still not keeping their eyes off the wolf. As they passed it, it quickly took a jump towards them, they started to sprint away. The wolf roared after them loudly until they were completely out of sight.

I looked back to Lukas who stood there shocked. He looked at me for a second before looking back to the window, bringing his hands up to his head, I also turned my attention back outside and stood up to get a better look.

I watched as the wolf let out another roar, and then it slowly started to shrink. And before I knew it, it turned ba k into a human. "And stay away!" She yelled and turned around. Is that...

"Aubrey?" I said out loud. I heard Lukas groan as he turned away from the window. I saw Aubrey proudly walk back to the house. I stood there in silence as she came in.

"Can you believe they came back- again?" She said to Lukas. I turned around to look at her. She noticed Lukas looking somewhere between scared and worried. "What's wrong?" She asked, and then she noticed me. "Oh-" I stood there in silence, my breath getting heavier. "Listen I can I explain-" Lukas suddenly jumped in.

I kept looking between them, unsure what to do. Lukas took a step closer as he was about to speak, but I took a step back. "I- it's fine." I wasn't sure what to do. "I gotta go-" I said confused. I ran past both of them, into the rain. "Isaac- wait!" I heard Lukas yell after me, but I didn't wait.

What the hell just happened, I must've imagined that that couldn't be true, they're not- as I continued running I suddenly felt an arm stop me, I turned around to face Lukas. "Wait. Please-" he begged, I stopped walking and turned around, looking down. "What you just saw- it's." He struggled. He took a breath as he thought about what to say next. "Your sister.." I started, "is she- a werewolf?" I asked, scared of the answer. He sighed, letting go of my hand. "Yes." He answered.

"Are you?" I asked looking up, he turned away. I waited for his answer. "I am." He looked me in the eye. I let out a frustrated sigh, running my hands truth my hair. He kept staring at me, probably scared of my reaction. "I can't believe this." I started to laugh a little. I can't believe this is happening.

"I'm sorry..." he said, still not looking at me. I shook my head. He had nothing to be sorry for. "I wanted to tell you, I just-" he tried to explain. He sighed heavily. I felt nerves come up again.

"I- wh-" I tried, he looked up again, waiting for me to get the words. I took a final breath and started. "Well- since one secret is out," I said. He looked at me confused. I might as well tell him what I have been hiding, hiding is a strong word but. "What are you talking about?" He asked.

"I- well-." I stuttered, getting more nervous by the second. I decided I might as well just get it out, "I like you." I said quickly, looking away. He stared at me confused. "I'm sorry-" I panicked. "I know it's probably really weird, and we don't know each other very well but I just-" I tried to take back my words but he wouldn't even let me finish before he pulled me into a hug.

Confused by his sudden action I put my hands on his back. After a few seconds, he let go. I felt my heart almost beat out of my chest. "What?" I asked confused as he stared at me, his hands still on my arms. He smiled brightly. "I like you too." He smiled. "You do?" I felt like I could cry, and he probably wouldn't even notice because of the rain.

He nodded enthusiastically. I started laughing about how stupid we looked right. After a bit, it got quiet again. "Are you sure though?" I said again, feeling insecure. He looked down confused. "You're sure you're not just saying that because I- well." I continued.

He grabbed my face, forcing me to look him in the eyes, "I'm sure." He reassured me. I forced a smile, still feeling unsure. We stood like that for a couple of seconds as the rain fell around us. Both of us were soaked by now, but neither of us seemed to mind at all.

The sound of the rain and Lukas staring at me, awkward as it was, was starting to calm me down. His smile slowly started to fall, his face inching closer to mine with each second, my heart beat faster and faster when finally our lips touched. He pulled me closer and he kissed me. I didn't waste a second before kissing him back.

We stood there, the rain falling on our faces, this was probably the best moment of my life, and I didn't want it to end. Even though the kiss was sloppy because I had no experience at all, it still felt really good.

We pulled apart, both smiling brightly from ear to ear. He cleared his throat as he looked back towards the house, letting go of me. "We should probably head inside, I don't want to catch a cold." He suggested. I nodded. "Yeah- we should" I could feel my face was bright red. But I did t care. He headed back towards the house, me following after him.