Chapter 56 || Secret

Isaac POV*

I slowly made my way to town. It was still really early so there weren't a lot of people awake yet. The sun wasn't fully up either so most of the town square was covered by shadows from surrounding buildings. After a while, I did run into someone. And who else but Ava?

I spotted her as soon as I turned the corner, she was sitting outside her house, staring off into the distance. I carefully walked up to her, trying not to startle her.

He suddenly looked towards me and her blank expression changed when she noticed it was me. She looked almost happy, but something about it seemed forced. I waved awkwardly and sat next to her. "Is everything okay?" I asked as I put my bag next to me.

"Yeah, everything's fine, why wouldn't it be." She said, sounding like her usual self. "Because you're sitting outside your house, alone," I said back, getting a bit worried.

"I'm fine, really..." her smile dropped and she looked down in front of her, getting quiet. I joined her for a bit as the sun rose over the town square. "Is it your dad.." I eventually asked she nodded silently. She let out a long sigh and ran her hands over her face. "He's getting worse..." she explained.

"The potions aren't working anymore?" I asked. "Your dad said he needs something more powerful... but we just don't have the money for those..." she sighed.

I thought for a second. "Do you want me to talk to my dad, maybe hell-" she stopped me, "no, it's okay, well just have to find a way to get the money.." she forced a smile.

"Are you sure, I'm sure I can find a way to help..." I tried. She shook her head. "It's fine, you don't have to do that, we'll find a way. Thanks though." She smiled.

I wanted to keep offering to help, but she's clearly not gonna take them, so I let it go. We sat in silence a bit as she regained her composure and went back to her happy self.

"So, where did you come from?" She asked eventually. I looked over confused, "what do you mean?" I asked, pretending not to know what she was talking about. "Well,p- your house is the other way, you came from over there..." she explained, pointing to the direction I came from.

"Oh well, I was just, gathering herbs... for my dad." I tried to lie, but she saw right through me, "okay, and now the truth." She said with a skeptical look.

I took a breath and looked around to see if no one was near enough to hear, "I could, but only if you promise not to tell anyone, especially not my dad..." I said seriously.

She looked at me confused, "what- why? Is it that bad?" She said with a laugh. I nodded. She realized I was serious and leaned closer, "I promise." She said.

I looked around one last time and reconsidered not telling her at all. But she was my best friend, I'm sure I can trust her.

"Okay, you know- the werewolf...". I started. "The one who escaped?" She whispered back, I nodded, "well- I'm sort of- response for that..."

"Wait what?!" She practically yelled as she shot up. "Shh, don't-" I stopped her as I looked around again. "You didn't-" she asked, it was clear she really wanted me to be joking. I shook my head. "I did.." sighed. She got quiet as she leaned back, staring in the distance.

I didn't know what to say, so I just waited for her to say something. I was fully expecting her to be upset, but turned out, she wasn't.

"How did you- when- " she stuttered. "A couple of days ago.." I explained. "And you didn't get caught!?"

"Well, kind of..." I looked away, "but I survived." I let out a shy laugh. "Wh- survived? What the hell happened," she asked sounding both excited and worried.

"It's kind of a long story. A lot happened." I said looking down to the street in front of me. "Why?" Ava eventually asked. I looked at her. "Why did you-" she asked, "because they're wrong about him, he didn't do anything, there's no reason for him to be in jail," I explained.

She got quiet, and by her silence, I could tell she didn't agree, but she didn't argue back. "So where is he now?" She asked, "I- well, it doesn't matter..." I stopped myself, it's already said too much.

I could tell she wanted to ask again, but she stopped herself, "so that's why you've been gone so much..." she laughed, "yeah" I sighed, "but if anyone asks, I'm with you, remember." I smiled, she let out a laugh and gave me a playful punch. "Of course,' she smiled,

"I still can't believe you pulled this off by yourself..." she said as she got quiet again. "Well, I wasn't alone..." I added. "I got some help."

She looked at me again. "Lukas... and Aubrey... they were they as well," I explained she looked at me quietly. "Why would they-" she asked to herself more than me. "They agreed that it wasn't right.

She thought for a bit before turning to me with a smirk on her face. "Makes a lot of sense actually." She smiled. "What do you mean?"

"It explains the marks on your neck." She smirked. I quickly grabbed my neck in the hopes of covering whatever she meant. "I - wait no- that's not-" I stuttered, not knowing what to say. She burst into laughter as I sat there embarrassed.

She finished laughing and patted my back. "It's nothing to be embarrassed about-" she tried to reassure me. I slowly pulled my hand away, still looking away. "So I take it things are going well?" She smirked again

I took a breath and got up from the steps. "I think I should go home now," I said as I started to walk away.

"Oh no you don't, I need to hear more about this." She said as she followed me. "There's nothing more to say," I said back, continuing to walk towards the shop. "Oh, there is, and your gonna tell me." She laughed as she happily followed me. I could keep arguing but there's no way she was gonna stop until I told her something, "fine. I tell you-" I stopped and turned around. "But first I want to go home and shower." I sighed. She nodded happily and walked past me. "Deal!" She smiled.

She looked at me expectedly. "Well, what are we still waiting for?" She asked as she waited for me to move. I forced a smile and kept walking towards the shop. The sooner we get this over with, the better.

Wolf Bite || BLजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें