Chapter 81 || Getting Ready

Isaac POV*

We all gathered around to finally talk about the plan. Last night after I left them, Aubrey and Marc finished and now they had a concrete idea of what to do.

As soon as they did they called us to Marc's workbench so we could get started as soon as possible.

It may not have been that long, but it was obvious everyone was getting tired of staying in the church all the time.

Sure, there were a few times they went out, but they all ended badly. And hopefully, with this plan, they could finally go out normally.

I'm not sure how it is for Marc or Aubrey, but I was sure Lukas was mostly looking forward to this. And to be honest, I was also excited about it.

"So this is what we came up with." marc started as he stood in front of us. "The object is to get those hunters out of this town." he started. "As long as they're here it's not safe for us to be out there."

"Well, we still don't know what the villagers think," I added.

"That doesn't matter, we can hide it from them, the hunter knows who we are- why we are. That makes them dangerous," he said back

"So all we have to do is get rid of them?" Aubrey asked. "Sounds easy enough," he smirked.

"We're not gonna kill them, Aubrey-" Lukas sighed. She let out a disagreeing sigh. "So then what are we going to do?" I asked.

"First we have to make sure what we're dealing with," Marc took charge again. "That's why I'm gonna find them and check!" Aubrey said proudly.

"What do you mean?" Lukas asked.

"I mean, I'm going to find out where they are, and check how many weapons they have." She said back.

"Why does that matter?" He asked again.

She let out a sigh before explaining. "If we know what they have, we can prepare ourselves."

"And if we find out how much poison they have, I know how much antidote to make," Marc added. "Which will be really helpful if it works" he tried to whisper, but I heard him.

"Right, okay makes sense. But then what?" Lukas continued.

"Once we know how where they are and what they have, we can prepare ourselves. Make the antidotes, get weapons ourselves and get ready to confront them." Marc finished.

"And when we win, we'll make sure they'll never dare to step foot in this place again," Aubrey added proudly.

"sounds pretty simple." I couldn't help but laugh a little after they had finished explaining. After all, these months of planning it came down to these three steps.

"A little too simple." Lukas joined in.

We all let out a sigh.

"Really, you still can't agree with us?" Aubrey groaned.

"I- will not fully. I think it's a fine plan it just seems really easy..." He sighed and dropped down onto the chair next to him. "It just feels like we've been planning this forever and that's all we've come up with." He added.

"Well we haven't really been planning all this time..." Aubrey stated. "YOu guys tried but never really got anywhere." she gestured to Marc.

"I spent more time worrying about the poison and the antidote than with anything else, fighting them, sure that I can do, but if they have the one thing that could actually kill, even I get scared," Marc added.

"But now there is no need to be scared. We have an antidote, and we have each other." Aubrey cheered us on. Lukas still didn't look sure. He hasn't agreed once with any of the plans we have made over the past few weeks. But this time it didn't matter, either way, we were gonna do this.

"You're right." He stood up again. "Let's get started then." He smiled.

We all nodded and looked over to Aubrey. "Guess I'm up first." she smiled. Marc grabbed a bit of the liquid he had created and put it in a little bottle, giving it to her. "take it just in case." He said sternly. Aubrey smiled. "Let's hope it works." She joked.

"It will," Marc reassured her.

she put the bottle safely in the inner pocket of her jacket and turned around to the door. "No need to sneak out anymore since this will, hopefully, be one of the last times we walk out of here." She said as she walked down the middle of the room.

But she didn't even make it halfway before she was stopped. We all looked at the door startled as a loud noise came from behind it. Followed by yelling.

"There's no hiding now!"

Another loud bang followed, and the door fell out of its hinges. "We found you!"

We all started shocked at the figures in the door. It was them. The hunters found.

Aubrey quickly turned around and ran back to us, and together with Marc hid behind the table. I felt Lukas pull me away, and not long after we were in the next room.

He leaned against the door as he looked back at me. "How did they-" He took a deep breath. "i- I don't know..." I looked back.

"doesn't matter we need to do something, now."He said quickly as he walked away from the door and headed to his room. I followed him without question, not sure what he was planning.

He entered his room and didn't waste a second walking to the weapon closet. He grabbed one of the crossbows and gave it to me. "What are you-"I looked at him confused.

He kept going through it until he grabbed two more, one for himself and I assumed one for Marc.

"Guess these will come in handy after all." He looked at me determined.

"But what about the plan-"I tried, but he cut me off before could finish my sentence.

"Forget the plan," He walked past me and headed back. I followed closely after him, trying to ignore the voice inside me telling me not to. I was afraid this wasn't going to end well. Not for us, or the hunters.