Chapter 73 || Starting To Make Sense

Isaac POV*

"You still haven't told me why you are here of all places," Dad said as he put drinks on the table. Marc grabbed a glass and turned to him again. "It's kind- well how do I say this." He struggled. I grabbed a glass myself and watched him finish what he was gonna say.

"I need it for an antidote-" he explained. Dad looked over confused, then Marc spent a couple of minutes explaining what we needed it for. How he figures out the mystery ingredient to the poison, and how he planned to counter it. Dad listen to him intently as he told his story.

"That's- I see." He said quietly. "Prett amazing that you managed to do that on your own." He complimented Marc. I watches as he looked away, a blush covering his face as he almost choked on his sip. "Yeah? Thanks.." he said as he caught his breath. "I guess I still remembered you're training." He smiled looking away.

"So you were here for those ingredients-" dad asked. We both nodded. "Do you have a list?" He asked. Marc handed him the piece of paper. We both watched in silence as dad studied the paper. Looking through his memories to say if we had them or not. Of course, I was pretty sure we would.

"I see you already found something?" He said pointing out the ones that were crossed off. "Yeah, we got lucky." Marc smiled. "But I'm sure yours are better." He said. By the look on his face, he didn't mean to say that out loud. But dad didn't seem to mind.

"Yeah, that's for sure." He laughed. He gave him the list back. I'm sure I can help you if you want" he said happily. We spent the next half hour in the living area, just talking.

"I was wondering-" dad asked. "Where did you get the poison," Marc put his glass down and looked over at me. "An arrow-" he said simply. "What do you mean?" He asked, wanting a little more explanation.

"While we were escaping-" he started a she looked at me again. Trying to see if I was okay with the whole truth. "You mean the hunter shot these at you?!" He asked shocked she looked from marc to me.

"You didn't get hit did you?" He asked as he studied Marc. "Well no," he looked at me. "I didn't." I awkwardly drank from my glass a small dad slowly turned to look at me.

"You got shot?!" He asked, sounding shocked and worried. "I- I'm fine now," I reassured him. Dad stared at me as he thought about it for a bit. "You- so the arrow-" he stuttered.

"It was fine. I pulled it out and healed it. Really I'm fine-" I explained vaguely. "You, healed," Dad said quietly. "Of course." He sighed without much thought.

"And the poison wasn't harmful to me, so nothing happened," I added to the end. He looked at me in disbelief, but let it go, not having the energy to elaborate.

"Right, but it is to us-" Marc said as he turned towards my dad again. "Werewolves" he added. Dad nodded before getting up, "then let's get this antidote working.

Marc nodded and got up as well. They left the room and headed back to the shop, I thought about joining them, but there was something else I had to do first.

I got up and went to the very back of the building, where dad kept all his cooled ingredients. And the blood bags. I carefully opened the box, and I could immediately feel my body react, just at the sight of it.

There were about 4 bags and a few bottles still in there, I didn't need that many, but I guess my dad had kept them in case I did. I was about to grab them when my body stopped me.

This wasn't a good idea. And why did I even want them, last time it didn't do anything? Has it gotten this bad that even old blood will do? It would make things a lot easier, but it would probably just make the urge for life blood stronger.

I tried to fight against it as much as I could, but the voices were too loud, and the urge too strong. I reached in and took the four bags. Leaving the bottles for now. I closed the box again, putting the bags in my bag, before heading back to the living area.

I finished my drink before making my way back to the front of the shop.

--
!! POV CHANGE (SORRY) !!
--

Marc POV*

I followed Nigel to the shop, leaving Isaac alone in the room... I can't believe I didn't realize he was his son. Half which half vampire, of course, it would be them.

I watched as Nigel collected various things from the list. I stood there waiting for him to finish, I wasn't much help since I didn't really know where everything was. He got down from his ladder a shanked me some stuff.

"This is some of it, I need to go to the back to get the rest." He said as he walked past me. "Thank you- for not turning me in," I said as he walked away. He stopped and turned around.

"Of course, you're my friend, I would never do that." I felt a blush cover my face, goddamnit why am I still not over that fase.

"I just don't get it, after what I did." I sighed. "How many times do I have to tell you you didn't do anything." He said, getting a bit irritated. "But because of me she-" I stuttered.

"It's, not your fault, you weren't in control. If anything it's our own for making you feel that way-" he said. "No don't blame yourself, if only I had to control over my emotions-"

Nigel let out a loud sigh, telling me to shut up. "She forgave you long ago, and so did I. Neither of us blamed you." He said. Again. But I just couldn't accept it.

He got even closer to me and grabbed my face, forcing me to look him in the eyes. "I'm telling the truth, there's nothing you had to hide from." He said.

"Even until the last day she left waiting for you to show up again so she could tell you herself..." he let go of me. I shook my head confused. "Last day?" What do you mean." I asked, getting scared at how he phrased it.

"She... died." He said quietly as looked down. "She- what-" I asked in disbelief. I took a step away from him. "She, I- no" I stuttered. "Are you okay?" He asked as he reached out to me. "This can't be I-" I struggled to say anything. It's all my fault.

I looked over at the door, noticing Isaac coming back. And I couldn't take it anymore. I turned around and headed out the door. "Wait for Marc-" I heard Nigel yell after me, but it was already gone. This can't be happening.