Chapter 15 || Feelings

Isaac POV*

I couldn't sleep. After I grabbed the extra pillows and everything we soon went to sleep. I didn't say much and just got into bed. But I couldn't fall asleep. I kept thinking about it. What was that feeling, that thought? I've never felt it before. Are least I don't think I have. It's not the first time I've felt it around him.

I sighed as I turned to look at the ceiling. We were going to spend the whole day alone together tomorrow. On one side I was excited, mostly because it was for my first official potion-making. But I was also very nervous, I wasn't feeling like this earlier, but after what happened.

I heard a rustle next to me and froze, thinking he had woken up. I was about to pretend to be asleep myself, to not look suspicious or weird. But it stopped and he kept sleeping. I carefully turned around to face him, staring down as he slept on the floor next to me. I kept staring for longer than I wanted to admit. Did I like him, is that was this was?

I let out another sigh and decided to just try and sleep again. It was going to be a long day tomorrow, I might need it. And luckily after trying for a couple of more minutes, I was finally able to calm my thoughts and I fell asleep.

The next day we quickly got up. My dad had already made breakfast. After we finished eating he gave me the full list of ingredients and things I was going to need to copy his work and also start making stock for the shop. I grabbed my bag and we were off. This time we had to go to a different part of the forest. So I decided That I wanted to at least know the way for some time and go through town.

"We could've started in the forest, you know?" Lukas complained as he followed me through the streets. "Must feel weird to not know the way, huh?" I joked as I walked back to face him.

I had set aside the weirdness from yesterday, which I didn't want him to ask me about it. I'm, not even sure what happened. So I shook it off and just tried to act normal again.

"That's not it- it would've been faster if we just started closer by your house and collected it going this way." He said crossing his arms, looking out for me so I wouldn't walk into a street light. "That is not true." I laughed as I turned around, "we would've had to go back no matter where we were. I wanna show you the way this time." I said proudly. "Hmph- fine." He frowned for a second before smiling again. "So where to next?."

We walked through the town for quite some time. My dad did need the best of the best, which meant no buying stuff, only collecting it. I led Lukas to the edge of the forest. On the way I kept glancing at him, it looked like he was kind of enjoying the walk, but I could still see some of that sadness in his eyes I've seen before.

It changed when we finally got to the forest, he looked more at home there. Also now it was him who was leading the way. Which must've given him some satisfaction, as it gave me a moment before.

"I've never even seen this part of the forest before," I said as I walked around admiring the view. Lukas smiled at me as he went over to the bushes and flowers, starting to collect things for me. "It's beautiful here," I said again. I turned around and saw him sitting there. I stopped for a second.

"Yeah I guess so..." he said, not looking up. It stayed quiet for a bit as he just kept plucking flowers and other plants. I couldn't stop and stare at him. Eventually, he looked back, "So- are you gonna help me or not." He laughed. "I'm supposed to be helping you, not the other way around." I felt a blush creeping in again but quickly pushed it away and went over to help him.

We kept going through the forest, slowly making our way back home. We stopped at every location my dad had marked on his map to get what I needed, and some more just in case I messed up and continued to the next.

"I've never walked this much in one day" I complained as I followed Lukas around. "Maybe you should walk more then." he laughed. I could see him smile, but he wasn't looking at me. I walked a bit faster and turned around again. Walking backward in front of him. "Is everything okay?"

He had been really quiet the whole time. Not that I have known him for that long, but he didn't seem like himself. "I'm fine, don't worry about it. You should worry about yourself, you might fall if you don't look where you're going." he shot back, trying to change the subject. "I'm fine," I laughed. "I'm very good at walking backward. Are you sure you're okay though?" I pushed carefully, and he just smiled back, about to relate the question when suddenly his eyes shot behind me. "Careful-" he yelled, In a panic I turned around, only to lose my balance.

Lukas tried to catch me but instead fell as well. I soon hit the ground, everything went black for a second. I slowly opened my eyes again, only to realize Lukas had fallen on top of me. I froze as I looked at him, his face just centimeters in front of mine, I could feel my face had gotten bright red. This is bad. Luckily he didn't seem to notice. He held his hand up to his head, "I told you you were gonna fall." he laughed. I tried to answer but I couldn't say anything but let out an embarrassed laugh. he sat back up, I took a deep breath, trying to get my thoughts back.

"You should tell your friend to clean her stuff up," he complained as he got up and held out his hand. I looked at him confused. "What do you mean?" I asked as I grabbed his hand and got up. He looked over to my right. I followed his gaze, "you almost got in one of those 'traps' she set up." he complained. I almost got caught in one of Ava's many 'werewolf' traps. "Right-"

I looked back at Lukas, but he appeared to be distracted again, "hey what-" he stopped me, "Did you hear that?" I looked over to where he was, "hear what?" he kept looking intensely, but I didn't hear or see anything.

It stayed quiet for a while. "I don't think-" but suddenly I did hear the noise. There were a few sounds of branches snapping, and what sounded like... A roar. "What the" I stood back shocked. "What is that?" I got behind Lukas, and he kept staring at it. The sounds got closer until they finally stopped. I could see Luka relax when the sounds turned into a person.

A woman appeared from the trees, looking confused. And then it looked like she recognized something, I kept staring at her from my hiding place behind Lukas. I felt safe somehow. He kept looking at her intently...

"This can't be real..." the woman said as she got closer. " but we didn't move "Is it you?" she asked again, stopping in front of us. I saw Lukas dropping his guard. I looked over confused, as he spoke back. "Aubrey?" I looked between them confused but stayed quiet. "I thought-" he started as she walked up to her.

The woman smiled happily as she ran up to Lukas, pulling him into a hug. I looked over at them, still unsure of what happened. Lukas returned the hug strongly. "I thought I'd lost you," the woman said. "So did I" Lukas answered. They pulled apart and just stood there.

"Uh- what's going on?" I broke the silence, and they turned toward me, almost as if they just realized I was there. "I- I'm sorry about that." Lukas turned back to me, "This is uh- Aubrey." he introduced her. "My sister.."

"Sister?" I asked, "I didn't know you had a sister." I said as I walked up to them. "Well I haven't seen her in a long time." he turned back to her. "But yeah," she said back at him, wrapping her arm around him. She was slightly taller than him, which made her quite a lot taller than me.

"Seems like you've been doing pretty well on your own though," she said proudly to him. "Well, I kinda had to" he joked. I could see on her face that she took it more seriously than jokingly. The mood got heavy, so I decided it would be better if I left them alone.

"Well I gotta bring this back to my dad, he might be worried," Lukas nodded and we said our goodbyes, I looked back at them as I walked away.