Chapter 85 || Nevermind The Plan

Isaac POV*

When we got back to the door we could hear screaming from inside the church. Lukas opened the door a little and looked over at where Aubrey and Marc were hiding. They looked back at him and then at the hunters. Neither of them was doing anything except stand there and wait for us to show up again.

Lukas threw the other weapon he was holding to Marc. He stared up at him confused. "Where did you get this?!'' Marc half whispered half yelled at him. "Don't worry about that now, we need to get out of here" he said back.

Marc nodded at him. They both turned back to the front as they carefully watched the hunters. "So now what do we do?" Marc asked. "We don't have much of a choice," Aubrey said back. "We fight," she smirked. Suddenly she stood up. Now in full view of the hunters.

"You're here for the werewolf right!" She smirked as the hunters raided their weapons. "Well come and get me"

Suddenly she climbed onto the table, her whole body transformed and soon she was back in her full wolf form as I saw her earlier. Marc and Lukas stared at her shocked as she let out a roar. Jumping over to the hunters. They looked up at her in shock.

"W-Why aren't you doing anything, shoot!" One of them yelled to the other, trying to take control of his fear. His friend looked at him scared before he shakily raised his weapon to Aubrey. But just before he could shoot Marc jumped up as well.

"Oh, no ypu don't!" He yelled as he shot an arrow right at the hunter's weapon, making him drop it. They all stared at Marc. Even though Aubrey was a wolf, you could still read the expression on her face.

"No killing," Marc repeated. Her ears drooped as she turned around again.

The hunter who had dropped his weapon ran over to the other one, "We gotta get out of here," He said. "You wanna run away already?" the other responded.

They said something to each other, but I couldn't quite hear it. but they soon left the church.

"So what do we do?"Marc turned to us. "we continue with the plan." Lukas said back as he walked towards the door. "The plan is already ruined," Marc argued. Then we wing it, there was no point in backing down now, they know were here. We can run as much as we want, they're gonna come back no matter what." Lukas said as he turned to Marc.

Marc nodded and soon we were all following him. Aubrey had gone first, still in her wolf form. We followed behind her and ran after the hunters.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I asked Lukas, he slowed down his pace to look at me. "No, I'd rather not do anything at all.." he forced a smile. "But when this is all over will be free." He turned around again and we entered the forest. we came to a clearing, only to find no one.

"Where did they go?" Marc yelled frustrated as he looked around quickly, his weapon held high.

"I don't know, I didn't see where they were going in the first place. " Lukas sighed, looking at Aubrey. She let out a bark in response, letting us know she was right about where they went.

Marc stared up at her intensely. "You okay?" Lukas asked. "huh? Oh yeah. I've just- never seen anyone who can do that." he said, referring to Aubrey going full wolf. I could tell she was proud of it.

Suddenly I heard a rustle from a nearby bush. I held up my bow and turned to the sound, taking a step back. It didn't take a second for the others to join me and point their weapons in that direction.

But without notice, they emerge from behind us. Whatever I had heard, it wasn't them.

"This time you won't get away, beast!" They yelled at Marc. "Yeah, you sure about that?" He laughed, bringing his weapon up to them. But this time they looked less scared, that is until Aubrey made herself known. She let out a roar and slowly stepped closer to them.

They backed up again, but suddenly they must've gotten they're confident because suddenly an arrow was fired, hitting Aubrey in the shoulder. We all turned to her shocked. she yelped in pain as she turned back into her usual self. Marc was the first to run up to her as she fell to the floor.

"Are you okay?" He asked worriedly. She nodded. "Ah- yeah I'm fine." She smiled. "This is nothing." She tried to stand up but couldn't.

Suddenly I saw Lukas move next to me as he sprinted toward the hunters. I tried to stop him but he was too fast. The hunters turned to him as he got closer. I managed to catch up to him.

"Wait calm down," I tried but he wasn't listening. "Get her out of here!" He yelled at Marc as he kept dashing toward the hunters. "What are you-"

He raised his bow as he fired an arrow at them, they managed to dodge it just in time. "Wait, calm down," Marc tried to stop him. "I SAID GET HER AWAY FROM HERE!!" He repeated as he loaded another arrow.

"What are you gonna do?" I asked him as I watched him load the arrow into the crossbow. "Just following the plan." He looked at me before he continued to chase the hunters away from Aubrey.

I was surprised the hunters hadn't been firing more. They probably weren't expecting four of us.

Or they're saving the poison...

Marc helped Aubrey get up, being careful not to touch the arrow. Together they limped away from the clearing and back to the church.

One of the hunters tried to go after them, but Lukas managed to skillfully fire an arrow right in front of him into a tree, earning his attention. "You're not going anywhere." He said angrily.

"do you think this is going to work?" the hunter yelled back as he grabbed the arrow from the tree. Lukas let out a smirk. "When we're done with you you're going to wish you never came to this town."

suddenly he changed. not fully like Aubrey, but enough to leave an impression on the two men.