Chapter 71 || Shopping

Isaac POV*

"I got it" Marc screamed through the hall. We all came over to his workplace confused. "It was, risky and I almost lost it but, I got it" he smiled brightly as he held up a piece of paper."You mean the antidote?" Lukas asked as he walked up to him. "Well, yeah, what else?" Marc shot back proudly. "And you're sure it's gonna work?

"I certainly hope so," he said, staring down at the mess he had made the last couple of days. "But yes, I'm ninety percent sure it will work." He said looking back at us. "Ninety?" Lukas said, sounding a little worried.

"Sounds pretty reliable to me.." I said to reassure him, "ninety isn't bad at all." Marc nodded proudly as he looked over the note again, "it's still ten percent he's not sure about, we're talking about life or death here..." Lukas said back.

"Well, we could always test it," Marc said quietly. "What do you mean, test it?" Lukas asked carefully, "I need to make it anyway, when I do, we could make sure it works." He said seriously. I thought he was joking, but something in his expression told me he was anything but joking.

"And how would we do that," Lukas asked him, knowing fully how he could. "Let's just get the ingredients first," Marc said as he quickly tidied up his workbench, putting the note in his pocket.

"Wait- right now?" I asked as he turned towards the exit. "Yeah, why not, the sooner the better right?" He said back as he looked back at us. "Are you coming with me, I'd be nice to have a guide," he smiled.

"I don't know-" I started, I didn't want a repeat of last time. "I thought you knew the town as well?" Lukas joined in. Marc looked down. "I did. But it's been a while." He sighed sadly. "But it's fine if you don't want to, I'll just wander around until I find what I'm looking for." He said, turning back to me.

I watched as he started to make his way to the door. "Wait-" I stopped him, walking up to him. "I'll join you." I gave in. "Are you sure?" Marc asked carefully. "Yeah, it's fine," I reassured as I pushed passed him. It's better to not let him go out alone. What if he gets recognized despite his different look?

I'm not saying he'd be caught right away, I'm sure he could put up a good fight by himself. But I still think it would be better if I was there. I was more powerful now. And I kind of wanted to test out these new powers.

We walked through town together. He seemed to be happy being outside. And was looking around happily at the town he hadn't seen in, years, probably.

We walked passed a few stores, and whenever he thought he'd find what he was looking for we went inside, but so far we didn't find any of the Ingredients.

"Can I see the list?" I said as he walked out of another store. He let out a sigh and handed it over. "I hoped this would be easier." He said to himself as we started walking again.

I looked over at the list, and as I thought, I recognized most of the items on his list. I knew exactly where to get them as well, but that was definitely out of the question. Dad would kill me if he saw me with Marc.

"Well, couldn't we just go out and collect these-" I suggested. I wanted him out of town now, because I'm sure he would recognize the store instantly if we walked past it. "I mean sure, but that would take a long time, buying would be easier." He said as he kept walking. "Do you even have that much money?" I asked trying to match his pace.

"I have a little left," he said without elaborating. "Right-" I sighed as we continued looking around. It got more nervous the closer we got to the store, expecting him to run in as soon as he saw it.

My nerves lessened a bit as he eventually found some other place that sold a few of the items on the list, he happily paid for them, seemingly without a worry as I stood behind him, hoping the shopkeeper wouldn't recognize him. As we finally left with a bag of Ingredients, I let out a breath as we stood in front of the door. Marc stared at his list, looking a little dissatisfied.

"What's wrong?" I asked looking over at him. "I just wish we could've gotten all of it." He commented as he put the note away, and started walking again, "well, we got almost half, so I think that's good progress," I tried to reassure him, and also get him to go back to church.

"It's just- I could've sworn-" he murmured to himself. He looked around, looking for what I assumed was my dad's shop. "Uh- it's this way-" I tried to steer him in the opposite direction, but he wasn't listening. "I just wanted to look over here-" he said as he rounded the corner. His eyes widened as he looked around, "a-ha!" He said as he walked up to the store.

I wasn't sure if he recognized it, or just read the sign and realized it was a potion shop. "Wait- not that one-" I tried to stop him as I ran after him, but it was too late, he had already gone inside. I took a deep breath and hurried after him. I prayed my dad would be in the back and hadn't heard the bell yet. So I could quickly get in and drag Marc out again. I got inside and thank god, no one was there, marc looked around the shelves. "This is perfect, this place has everything we need." He said happily as he turned to me.

"I- we have to leave-" I said as I walked around him. "What why? This is perfect" he argued. "No it is not- we shouldn't" I started pushing him towards the door when I suddenly heard a voice from behind, we had been caught,

"Isaac- is that you!?" He yelled from the door. "Shit," I said to myself as I tried to push Marc towards the door even faster. "What are you?-" he asked looking back. That's when he saw my dad. He turned around, and I couldn't move him at all anymore, I let out a defeated sigh as I let go of him.

"What are you-" my dad asked surprised as he walked around the corner, towards Marc, this isn't gonna be pretty,