I sat down in one of the empty blue fabric seats, taking in the peace and tranquillity. I couldn't take them talking about Mr Irwin and this stupid dance a second longer. Seriously it's one night out of our lives, where we spend money on a dress we will never wear again, to look sexy for boys we don't know, only to feel included in society. If personal image and reputation weren't such a big thing, I'd be in my apartment wrapped up in a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate and a good book.

"Alison?" I hear a voice chirp inquisitively, I shoot a glance up only to see my ex boyfriend Marcus Tully standing in front of me... This day couldn't physically get any fucking worse even if I wanted it to.

Marcus and I broke up a while back, he cheated amongst other things. I just couldn't understand why he was here, surely he wasn't smart enough to attend this university. "What do you want?" I coldly respond getting to my feet ready to walk off

"I heard you were attending here" he smiles, that smile I never wanted to see again. Marcus wasn't the best looking of boys admittedly, he was tall slightly more podgy than you would expect, with black hair cut shorter from when I last saw him, and an unshaven face. My stomach wrenched at the sight of him.

"So what's it to you? We broke up for a reason, which you fail to recognise as a slightly alarming one"

"Look I've changed a lot since we dated, I think we should give it another go?" I begin to laugh out loud  at his request

"Are you actually for real Marcus ? Shall I go into detail as to why I won't get back with you? Here in front of all these people?" I can hear my voice growing louder, my breathing increasing as I could sense a panic attack coming on

"What I didn't wasn't that bad" he shrugs, my eyes widening in disbelief

"So putting me in hospital 'wasn't that bad' you really are sick in the head, get out of my life" I turn to walk away but he grabs my wrist

"It was one time, plus you drove me to it Alison, you know you did" his voice was low and I could tell he was angry my world began to spin, my heart quickening as I feel the memories flooding back

"Get your hand off of her!" My eyes dart to Mr I- Ashton who's prying my wrist from his hand keeping me behind his body for protection "didn't your mother tell you, you should never lay a hand on a woman ? Get yourself off of the university campus, and if I see you here again I will phone the police do you understand me ?"

"What the fuck ever man" Marcus casually responds walking off, as if Ashton hadn't said anything at all.

"Are you okay?" He asks turning to face me, his eyes searching mine as he looks for an answer. Slowly I nod my head in response "come with me" he smiles sympathetically at me.

He leads me down to his classroom and sets me down in his chair, fetching me a cup of water.

"Can you talk to me?"

"He's me ex" I sigh looking down at the cup of water in my hands, the coolness making my fingers feel numb "we broke up a while back because he-" I pause unable to speak, but I presume Ashton had already pieced it all together

"Did he hit you?" His eyes were now glossy, not like the stern man I had seen before.

Without saying a word I nod, my emotions fighting to be let out as I watched him frown taking the water from my hands and placing them in his own hands "I'm glad you told me, do you know why he was here?"

"Me" I croak "he wants me back"

"He's not going to get you back, do you understand me?" I could see genuine emotion and concern on his face.

"Yes"

"Miss Harper  I'm going to tell you something, and I know now isn't the right time to do so but- I can't stop thinking about you. It's wrong and I shouldn't have these thoughts for a student of mine, but I can't. I now know what he did to you and I'm terribly sorry"

I was completely taken a back by what he was telling me, I felt as though my heart was going to beat right out of my chest.

"The truth is- you're all I think about currently. You're consuming my thoughts and I can't stop it"

"This is so very wrong" he frowns

"But it's so right too" I breath his face coming closer to mine when suddenly someone knocked furiously at the door

"Mr Irwin?" Oh shit it's Ella. Ashton just looked at me and I quickly darted under the desk, I didn't want her to question why I was back here ... Again.

"Come in" he calls back as he walks towards the door

"Can I speak with you a minute?" She asks

"What's up?"

"You made the wrong decision choosing Ali as the class representative, she's not right for the roll."

Oh my god, I couldn't believe I was hearing this. The little cow

"What makes you say that?"

"She's rude, boring, lazy and clearly has her priorities on something other than being just your class representative" her tone was rather demeaning and I couldn't understand why she was being like this.

"Well can I give you some advice? One. as your lecturer and miss Harper's lecturer I can safely say that I made the right choice, from what I have seen from both of you Miss Harper is kind, genial and extremely intelligent, she had an outstanding paper. Two. the paper and representative was actually chosen by your original lecturer Mr O'Connors."

"But-but?"

"I'll see you in class tomorrow Miss Black"

There was a moment of silence before I heard the door slam. My heart was still racing a million miles a minute

"You can come out now Miss Harper" he chuckles to himself as I scurry out from under his desk

"Well I never" I sigh walking up to him, his piercing hazel eyes look down into my own

"I left out the fact you're unbelievably gorgeous, but I think that was for the best" he smirks leaning down to plant a kiss on my forehead

"You need to stop with all the flattering" I giggle turning a pale pink as his lips leave my skin

"I'll see you next Monday Miss Harper, nine am. And please don't be late because you know I don't like it when students aren't on time for class"

"I'll see you next Monday Mr Irwin, and I'll be here early because I'll need to speak to you before class" I smile profusely at him as I begin walking towards the door

"Oh I'd wipe that smile off of your face too"

"And whys that?" I quiz turning back to face him

"Because you've just earned yourself a weeks detention in my class. Have a good weekend" he chuckles watching as I leaving the room.

What on earth just happened.....