Chapter 16: Dinner

Začať od začiatku

"Iris two eggs in the bawl not on the floor" Maria laughed watching me struggle.

His favorite food was Spinach and Ricotta stuffed shells, which sounded easy until Maria told me that we had to make the pasta ourselves.

The kitchen was a mess by now with the ingredients everywhere.

"Now you just place it in the oven for 45 minutes and your done" Maria informed making me smile.

Finally.

We cleaned up the kitchen together and just in time before Michael and Carter walked into the kitchen looking grumpy.

Carter saw me wearing his clothes but said nothing while he sat down at the counter asking Maria to send his dinner to his office.

Before she could stop him he was already gone.

"How was your day?" I sat down next to Michael waiting for the timer to go off.

"If I tell you, I'd have to kill you" he joked.

Minutes later, Maria helped me get everything ready before she sent me off to give Carter his.

Hearing muffled voices coming from his office, I knocked making sure I wasn't interrupting him.

Getting permission I pushed the door open but wished I told Maria to bring the food instead of me.

Ashley stood behind Carter's chair, playing with his curly hair.

Anger, jealousy, and sadness hit me all at once, so I quickly placed the plate in front of him, mumbling "It's a thank-you gesture for my room" I left the office.

Stupid Iris!

I forgot he had a girlfriend and I slept with him twice...

Oh gosh, she saw me wearing his clothes...

How could I forget...

Stupid Iris!

Getting ripped out of my thoughts by Michael pulling me into the dining room, I saw my plate resting on the table next to Maria, but my appetite was long gone.

"What's going on in that little head of yours?" Michael questioned when he saw me pushing the pasta around my plate.

"I'm not hungry" it wasn't a complete lie, I wasn't hungry but I was so excited to try the food.

"Nonsense you only ate breakfast" Maria piped in.

Just then Carter walked in with Ashley hot on his tail.

"Why have you only eaten breakfast?" Carter growled rather loudly, glaring at me.

Clearing my throat ready to explain, Ashley interrupted me.

"Who cares Babe, she needs to lose a few pounds anyway".

Standing up I tried calming down feeling frustrated but I couldn't so I did the next best thing "You know what, maybe if you lose a few pounds yourself Carter wouldn't be sleeping with someone else".

Realizing what I said my hands flew to my mouth regret filling me.

"You slept with her!" Ashley yelled.

Michael erupts in laughter followed by Maria excusing herself while giggling out of the room.

"Iris I don't think you know what you said" Michael added calming down.

Still feeling frustrated with all my emotions mixing I removed myself from the room needing air.

Zeus was behind me every step of the way so we sat down outside, he chased the ball a few times before I felt better.

Needing a nice long shower I opened the taps filling the bathroom with steam moments later.

Thoughts invaded my mind so I sat down on the shower floor, listening to the voices arguing back and forth.

They all talked about one person, listing the special moments we shared but also the bad ones.

He held us when we couldn't sleep.

He called us pathetic for stuttering.

He made our room possible.

He yelled at us a lot.

He watched movies with us till I fell asleep.

Feeling the water turning cold I washed my whole body with the strawberry-scented body wash that was a gift from Maria and got out.

Pulling on my Tom and Jerry pajamas I climbed into bed with Zeus while watching Rapunzel.