Chapter 31

Seulgi's POV
I just nodded and sighed again, "We're both your ex, but you looked more comfortable with him. You just let him hold you, but when it comes to me, it's hard to even lean on you." I was really jealous and hurt when I saw that she did that to her other ex. "That's when I realized I might have hurt you badly before. So, to make it up to you, I didn't bother you anymore. Maybe I still hurt you every time you see me because you might remember what I did to you before. I don't want to hurt you anymore. So that's what I did to make it up to you."

I really wanted to be with her. But if I only hurt her every time she saw me, I'd better stay away from her.

"Are you giving up on me now?" She asked.

I looked at her and shook my head, "It's not like that."

"Then what?"

"I just thought I wasn't worth it for you to give me another chance."

"But I was thinking of giving you another chance a week ago, don't you know that?" My eyes widened. "But you kept avoiding me this past week." She grimaced.

I hold her shoulders, "Really?!"

She nodded, "I was just scared that if I give you a chance, you might find someone else because you might realize that I'm not good enough."

I shook my head, "That's not true. You are more than enough for me. I will not look for anyone else if I have you."

She rolled her eyes, "Sweet talker."

"It's true!" I pouted.

"Easy to say but hard to do. You know that."

I removed my hands from her, "Come on, trust me this time."

"I always trusted you when we were still together, Seul." She said with sadness in her eyes.

Seul. It's different when you hear it in reality than just in a dream. It makes my heart flutter.

"Can you trust me again this time? I promise I won't hurt you again." I raised my right hand.

She stared at me, "Do you love me?" She suddenly asked.

I am dumbfounded at what she asked. This past week, I kept asking myself about that, and now I know what my answer is.

I smiled at her, "I wanted to date you not because I like you or because you're gorgeous, but because I love you, Hyun." I said sincerely.

I saw the smile that formed on her lips. "Can you keep your promise this time?"

I nodded, "If you give me a chance, I will."

"Okay," She shrugged her shoulders.

"Okay?! As in, you're giving me a chance now?! We're dating now?!" I bombarded her with questions.

"Why? Don't you want to?" She raised her eyebrow.

"Of course not! I just can't believe it!" I smiled happily.

She rolled her eyes but laughed softly after, "Whatever, Seul."

I chuckled and hugged her. "Thank you for giving me a chance, Hyun. You don't know how happy I am."

She hugged me back, "Don't you dare cheat on me again, or else I'll bury you alive with that woman."

"I won't, love," I felt her stop breathing. "Breathe."

She pulled from our hug with a surprised look, "Do you remember everything now?"

I shook my head. "Not yet, but I dreamed about calling you that endearment." She just nodded at what I said.

I was about to say something, but I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I picked it up and saw the caller's name. It's my mom.

"Let me answer it," I said to Joohyun while showing my phone to her.

She nodded, "Take your time."

I smiled at her before answering it, "Hey, mom!" I greeted my mom while looking around the park.

"Honey, where are you? I'm worried about you."

"I'm sorry for worrying you, mom. I will also go home after I take Joohyun to their house."

"Ommo! Are you with her now?!" I put my phone away from my ear when she squealed.

"Yes, mom. Actually ---"

"Okay, bye!" She immediately hung up the call when I was about to say that we are dating now.

I looked at my phone and shook my head. I bet she's happy now.

"She hung up?" Joohyun asked.

I nodded and stood up. I put my phone in my pocket and extended my hand to her. "Let's go?" She accepted it and stood up too. "I'll take you home with my car, love," I said as we walked to our cars.

She shook her head, "It's okay. I don't want to come back here again tomorrow only to get my car."

"Let's use your car then."

"And how are you going home?"

"I'll take a cab or call Mr. Jung." By the way, she knows Mr. Jung.

"No, that's a hassle."

"Please, let me do it." I insist.

She sighed, "Fine."

I pressed the key fob after she handed me her car key. I opened the door on the passenger's seat and closed it after she got in. I got into the driver's seat and drove away from the park.

We were just talking about random things during the ride when I saw a child from a distance suddenly run onto the road. I stepped on the rear brake pedal to slow the car down, but it didn't work. I also stepped on the front brake pedal, but it didn't work either.

I didn't tell Joohyun because I didn't want her to worry. I glanced at her to see if she was wearing a seat belt. After making sure, I tried to downshift to a lower gear. The car slowed down, but a car that just a few meters away in front of us stopped because the kid suddenly stopped in the middle of the road.

I saw a woman who looked like the kid's mother and took the child from the road. I was about to bump into the car in front of us, so I swerved off the road to avoid crashing into that car.

I saw Joohyun look at me with confusion. I just smiled at her and held the right side of her seat with my right hand to protect her before her car crashed into the lamppost.

"Yah! Kang Seulgi! Don't close your eyes!" I heard her panicked voice before everything went black.