Chapter 14

Joohyun's POV
I saw Amber approaching in my direction. They just finished discussing with their coach.

"Do you watched my play, Joohyun? It's all for you." Amber said and winked at me. There he is again, trying to hit on me.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm not even glancing at you earlier, even one second."

Jennie on my left side and the woman on my right side laughed softly at what I said.

"Poor guy." The woman mumbled.

Amber noticed her and looked at her. His jaw dropped when he saw her but quickly recovered. "Hi there, beautiful." He smiled at her. Told ya. Players are players.

She smiled back. "Hello, handsome."

Amber stretch his hand at the woman. "I'm Amber, and you are?"

"I'm Soojung. Nice to meet you." They shook hands.

"It's my pleasure to meet you. Are you a student here? I haven't seen you around."

"Nah, I'm just visiting someone here."

"Who's that lucky person?"

Soojung was about to answer, but someone called her. "Soojung, let's go!" Seulgi said while walking in Soojung's direction.

"He's the lucky person." Soojung laughed. "Bye, handsome!" She waved her hand at Amber and ran to Seulgi.

She held Seulgi's right arm and placed it on her shoulders. Then, she put her left hand on Seulgi's waist. Seulgi didn't bother with what she did and seemed like he was comfortable with her.

"Seulgi is indeed lucky." Amber sighed.

"I think Soojung is luckier to have Seulgi oppa," Sooyoung said. She is now in front of us, looking at the two with a jealous face.

"Better luck next time, chick." Yerim teased her.

"Poor Sooyoung." Jennie seconded.

She glared at them. "You're so mean to me!" She grumbled, and we just laughed at her.

"I saw that, Amber. You were busted before you made your moves. And you're busted twice today." Ryujin mocked him. The other players laughed at Amber, who just scratched his head and grimaced.

"I told you guys, Soojung is special to Seulgi. Before Amber could make his move on her, Seulgi prevents it quickly." Moonbyul said proudly to himself.

Seungwan nodded, "He has been protecting her ever since," He looked at me and gave me a teasing smile. I frowned at him and mouthed, 'what?' But he just chuckled.

"Protective, huh?" Rosé commented.

"I'm also protective, wifey. Don't you know that?" Jisoo said. He just arrived now.

"Of course, I know that." Rosé smiled sweetly at him.

"Honey, where are you? Ants are biting me because it's so sweet here!" Jennie exaggeratedly said.

"I'm here, honey." Lisa also just arrived now. "Do you want me to swipe the sweetness away?"

"That's a good idea," Jennie said, and they both laughed.

"Argh! Why am I surrounded by couples?!" I commented irritatedly.

"Duh, you're not the only one. We are also experiencing it, right, Yerim-ah?" Sooyoung said and looked at Yerim.

"Sorry, I belong to---" Yerim cut off.

"To the zoo?! I know that already." Sooyoung said and laughed.

"Shut up, lonely woman. As I was going to say, I belong to the group of couples, not single." Yerim proudly said.

"How did that happen?" I asked in disbelief.

"What do you mean by your question? That it is unbelievable for me to have a boyfriend?" Yerim looked at me with an annoyed face. We just laughed at her and started to walk out of the gym. "You're all mean to me!" She yelled at us and stomped her feet. Poor Yerim-ah, hahaha.

Seulgi's POV
"Hey, don't let him get close to you again," I said to Soojung as we started eating our food here in the restaurant.

"Who?"

"Amber."

"Why not?"

"I heard that he's a player."

"Really? But I like him."

I grimaced. "That's not new. All good-looking is your type of guy."

"Nah, except you." She laughed softly.

"Oh, that's right," I chuckled. " By the way, why are you here? Don't you have class?"

She shook her head. "I have class, but last Saturday was dad's birthday, so I came here."

"Oh, right. I'm sorry if my parents and I couldn't attend your dad's birthday. Last Saturday was also hyung's birthday, so we went there."

"It's okay. We understand." She smiled at me.

"Anyway, why are you still here?"

She frowned, "Don't you want to see me?"

"Of course not! I'm just curious." I explained.

"Just kidding. I'm leaving tomorrow, by the way. I just don't want to leave until I see you. The last time we met was when I came here before you went to the US. I missed my fake brother, you know." She laughed.

"Hey, are you thinking of me as a fake brother all this time?" I frowned. "I treat you like my real little sister, but you..." I pouted.

"I mean, you're not my real brother, but I treat you like my real, of course!" She clarified.

I chuckled, "I know that. I'm also just kidding."

She grimaced. "Change topic. Do you have a girlfriend now?"

I grunted, "Even you are asking that?"

She laughed softly, "Why? Are your mom and dad pressuring you now?"

I nodded, "Yeah. They keep asking me that question."

"I know. I heard from my dad. In that case, why don't you try to have a relationship?"

"To be honest, I almost tried, but something inside me stopped me from doing it. I don't know why."

"Really?! When did you try?!" She asked with wide eyes.

"When I was still studying in the US."

"And now? Don't you want to try again? Don't you have someone you like now? Or a little attraction to someone?" She bombarded me with questions.

I scratched my back head, "I don't know."

"Really? All that questions all answered by that?" She snorted.

I chuckled, "Because I'm not really looking for someone. So I don't know if I like someone or not."

"Yeah, you're not looking for someone because you are already looking at someone now, right?" She smirked at me.

"What?" I looked at her with a confused face.

"I watched you practice earlier and noticed you kept glancing at someone when you got the chance."

"And who's that someone?"

"The one next to me earlier, Joohyun." She said undoubtedly. "At first, I thought I was the one you kept glancing at, but after minutes of observing you, I realized it was Joohyun." She giggled.

"I honestly didn't notice that," I mumbled.

"You didn't notice, or you just couldn't accept it yourself..." She trailed off. "That you are finally attracted to someone now?" She smiled at me teasingly.