Chapter 3

Seulgi's POV
We are now heading to the gym, where miss Sooyoung said we could find the captain of the basketball.

We planned to join the basketball club because basketball is our stress reliever, I mean, my stress reliever. I don't know if it is the same for Moonbyul.

"Hey, Moonbyul. Why do you want to join basketball?"

"Because you're joining." He answered casually. "How about you?"

"Basketball is my stress reliever."

"Are you stressed these days?" He asked and glanced at me.

"No, but I thought that now that we are in the fourth year of college, we might experience the word 'stress'." I quoted the last word with my two fingers.

He laughed. "I think you're right."

We entered the gymnasium and looked around. There was a guy seated on the bench in front. His head is bent over his laptop and busy on it. He is only the one here, so we assume he's the captain.

"Excuse me, are you the captain of the basketball?" Moonbyul asked when we came closer to that guy.

He looked up and widened his eyes. "I can't believe this! Moonbyul?! Seulgi?!"

Moonbyul gasped. "Seungwan?!"

"You know him?" I looked at Moonbyul with a confused face.

"Of course! You don't remember him?" He frowned at me.

I look at the said Seungwan for a while. "Oh, Seungwan!" I said when I finally remembered him. "Our classmate when we were in sixth grade!"

Seungwan laughed. "Yeah, that's me."

"I didn't recognize you for a while because you changed a little in your appearance compared to the last time we saw each other," I said.

"I'm more handsome now, right?" Seungwan placed his thumb finger and index finger below his chin.

Moonbyul faked his cough, "I can't say no, but I think I'm more handsome." Moonbyul said jokingly, and we all laughed.

"By the way, how do you know I'm here?" Seungwan asked.

"We asked someone, and luckily she knows where you are," Moonbyul said.

"She? Do you know who is she?" Seungwan asked again.

"If I'm not mistaken, her name is Sooyoung?" Moonbyul was uncertain of his answer, so he looked at me, confirming if his correct.

I nodded, "Yeah, I think that's her name."

"Sooyoung? If we were talking to the same person, she's my classmate and also my friend. She knows that I'm here most of the time." Seungwan said.

"Oh, that's great that she is the one we asked," I said.

"Yeah, you're lucky. Anyway, why are you looking for me?" Seungwan asked.

"We would like to join the basketball club if it still has a slot even now," Moonbyul said.

"I can't believe this! Really?!" Seungwan asked us with his shocked face.

I chuckled at his reaction. He's really funny.

Moonbyul shrugged his shoulders, "If you don't mind that."

"Of course, I don't. You can join, besides you were one of the best when we were in sixth grade." Seungwan said happily.

"Oh, that's absurd," I said shyly.

"It's not," Seungwan said. "And we are really looking for members, so it's good timing for you two."

"Really? That's good to hear." I said.

"So, when is the start of our practice?" Moonbyul asked.

"That's a good question." Seungwan pointed to Moonbyul. "We're going to start the practice after the midterm exam."

"Cool!" Moonbyul commented and glanced at his wristwatch. "Okay, we need to go now. We still have a class in ten minutes after."

"It's so nice to see you again, Seungwan. See you around!" I smiled at him.

"Yeah, it's so nice to see you, but we got to go now. Bye!" Moonbyul said.

"The pleasure is all mine," Seungwan said and smiled.

We waved our hands at each other while Moonbyul and I approached the exit.

Jennie's POV
"Oh my! Guess what, girls!" Sooyoung squealed when she saw us walking towards her on the bench.

We waited for each other at the gate while this girl said that she would wait for us there.

"Nor way, don't tell me you have a boyfriend now?!" Rosé said with her eyes widened and sat beside Sooyoung.

"What?! No, I don't have one, and I don't need a boyfriend, duh." Sooyoung grimaced.

"Then what?" Rosé asked.

"I saw Moonbyul oppa and Seulgi oppa earlier." Sooyoung squealed again. "And the rumor is true! They're both handsome! Plus, they are the ones that approach me first!" Err, my poor ears.

"And what on earth did that happen?" Yerim said, who was on my right side, asked while raising her eyebrow.

"The answer is obvious! Because I'm pretty." Sooyoung said and flipped her hair.

"That's ridiculous." I was startled when someone on my left side spoke.

I looked at her, "Gosh, you startled me, Joohyun!" I said while placing my right hand on my chest. And the others laugh at my reaction, except Joohyun.

She frowned at me. "Yah, why are you so shocked? I have been here a while ago now. In fact, we go here together."

"Because you suddenly spoke," I said, and she only rolled her eyes.

"Okay, back to the topic. What is the real reason why they approached you?" Rosé asked Sooyoung.

"Aside from what I said earlier, they asked me where they can find the captain of the basketball of this school," Sooyoung said.

"Why did they ask that?" Yerim asked.

"Because they wanted to join the baseball club," I answered sarcastically and grimaced. "Of course, they wanted to join in basketball club!" I said, and Yerim just sneered at me.

"I will watch the practice of the basketball this time!" Sooyoung excitedly said.

"For your information Sooyoung, you were watching their practice before," Joohyun said, and I was almost startled again.

Gosh! Why is she always suddenly spoken?

"Then, I will not skip a day to watch them. You know, I sometimes didn't watch the practice before." Sooyoung excuses.

"So, who is more handsome among them?" I asked.

"Why did you ask, Jennie? I thought your honey was more than enough for you." Rosé asked.

"Err, I'm just curious!" I annoyingly answered.

"Do you want to know girls who are more handsome?" Sooyoung brings her face closer to us.

"Who?" Yerim, Rosé, and I asked at the same time. Joohyun remains silent.

"Let's watch their practice then. For you to know who!" Sooyoung said and laughed.

We glared at her, and Joohyun rolled her eyes. Sooyoung is crazy.

Joohyun sighed, "Let's just go, Jennie, to our room than listening to Sooyoung's craziness. We will only be going to be late because of her." Joohyun said, and we bid our goodbyes to each other.