Chapter 20

Seulgi's POV
"Sorry for the trouble, brothers, and thanks too. I know you just joined us, but you've already become the drivers for these people." Seungwan said and chuckled.

I shook my head. "It's okay. We are happy to be with you tonight. Otherwise, you will be the only one to take them to their house."

"That's so true." Seungwan looked at his watch. "So, let's go now? It's 11:38 pm now."

Moonbyul nodded. "Yeah. Let's go. It's now getting late."

Seungwan first told us about the house of these drunk people. After that, Seungwan and Moonbyul got into their car while I got into Joohyun's car.

Seungwan will take Rosé and Lisa home because they live in the same place. He will also take Sooyoung home because, of course, she is his girlfriend.

Moonbyul will take Jisoo and Jennie to their house because they are also in the same place. Actually, they are in the same place together with Yerim and Joohyun, but I will take the two to their house because I use Joohyun's car. Jisoo and Jennie's house is also quite far from them.

Moonbyul told me to wait for him after I drove the two home because he would also take me home, as he told my mom.

I drove Yerim home first because her house was closer than Joohyun's, plus the car I was driving was Joohyun's.

"Hey, Yerim. Let's go." I woke up Yerim when we were at the front of their house.

"Where are we going?" She said with a drunken voice.

"To your house," I said, and she got out of the car, wobbly. I put my hand on her shoulder to help her walk.

"Do you know when unnie and I went on vacation last year in another country? The waiter gave us a drink, and we drank it. After minutes, I started to feel that I was drunk, but when the waiter came, he said it was just juice. And then suddenly, I felt that I wasn't drunk." She laughed softly.

I chuckled at her story. "Really? That looks embarrassing."

We went straight to their front door because their gate was not locked.

"Yes, that vacation was indeed embarrassing." She agreed. "Do you also know that I have a boyfriend?"

We got to the front door, and I knocked on the door. I looked at her afterward. "You have? Why don't I see you with him at our campus?" I asked while waiting for the door to open.

She nodded and smiled. "He studies on another campus. He is also my childhood friend. He couldn't study on our campus because their house is in the other town, far away from here." She answered, and I just nodded.

I looked at the door when it suddenly opened, and there was a woman in her early fifties in front.

I bowed at her. "Good evening, ma'am. Sorry for disturbing you tonight."

She smiled at me and took Yerim. "It's okay. Thank you for bringing my daughter home."

"No problem." I smiled back at her. "I have to go now, ma'am. There's another person I need to take home too."

"Okay. Thank you again, and drive safely."

"I will, ma'am." I bowed at her again and left.

I went to Joohyun's car again and drove her home. After minutes, I got out again when we were in front of their house.

I walked to the passenger door and opened it. I stoop inside and hold onto the door jamb with my left hand to support myself.

I lightly patted Joohyun's shoulder with my right hand. "Hey, wake up. We are now in front of your house."

She slowly opened her eyes and looked at me. "Seul?"

Seul? That's a good nickname. I smiled at her. "Yes, it's me." I softly said.

Her eyes became teary after she heard that. "Why did you do that?" Her voice was full of pain.

"Do what?" I asked confusedly.

"Am I not enough?" She asked again, not minding my question, and tears started to fall down her cheeks.

"What are you saying? I don't understand you." I asked with a puzzled face. I wipe her cheeks with my right hand. "Please stop crying. I don't want to see you cry." I worriedly said.

She sniffed, and finally, after a while, she stopped crying. I wiped her cheeks again and tucked the hair that blocked her face behind her ear.

She raised her right hand and placed it on my cheek. She touched my eyebrows down to my nose and my lips with her thumb. Then she looked into my eyes.

"You're really good at pretending, huh?" She said with her sad eyes. "And now you have a woman you like. But I don't think you have deep feelings for her because you flirted with that bitch earlier." She grimaced.

I frowned. "Who's bitch?" I really wonder to who she is referring.

"That woman who sat on your lap earlier. It looked like you also enjoyed it because you didn't even move away from that bitch." She snorted.

I chuckled. "That's not true. I didn't enjoy it, but I will if you're the one who will do that." I jokingly said.

She grimaced. "Flirt," She mumbled.

After she said that, she suddenly buried her face in my chest.

"Hey, are you sleeping now?" I asked her, and I got no answer from her.

I chuckled and carried her bridal style. She's heavier than I thought. I went to their gate and pressed the doorbell. After a while, the gate opened, and I saw a beautiful woman who looked like Joohyun. I think it's her mother.

I smiled at her. "Good evening, ma'am. I'm sorry for bothering you this late at night."

She smiled back at me. "I should be the one to say that. Sorry for bothering you to bring my daughter home. Look, you're carrying her now. Let's go inside. I bet she is heavy." She laughed softly and opened the gate widely.

She led the way to Joohyun's room and opened the door for me. She turned the lights on, and I entered the room.

I gently laid Joohyun on her bed. I removed her shoes and covered her with a blanket up to her shoulder.

I stood up and turned to her mom, who was watching what I was doing with a smile on her face.

"Uhmm, Seungwan says he's sorry because he can't bring Joohyun home tonight. He is also busy bringing others to their house." I gave Joohyun's car key to her mom. "This is her car key, ma'am." I pointed my thumb in Joohyun's direction.

"How are you going home? You can use it and return it tomorrow." She suggested and handed me the key again.

I shook my head immediately. "It's okay, ma'am. My friend will pick me up after he takes the others to their house too." I bowed at her. "I have to go now, ma'am. Maybe my friend is now waiting for me outside."

She nodded and led me out of their house. Moonbyul's car was already there when I came out.

I looked at Joohyun's mom and smiled at her. "We're leaving now, ma'am. Have a good night."

She smiled back at me. "May I know your name?"

"Oh. I'm sorry, ma'am. I didn't introduce myself to you earlier. My name is Seulgi."

"Okay, Seulgi. Thank you for taking home of my daughter tonight."

"No problem, ma'am."

"Take care, you two, okay?" She was referring to Moonbyul.

"Yes, ma'am." I bowed at her and got into Moonbyul's car.

"Let's go?" Moonbyul asked. I nodded, and he drove away.