Chapter 27

Joohyun's POV
"Yah. Get off." I shrugged my left shoulder when Seulgi sat beside me and put his head on my shoulder.

The others kept glancing at us while pretending they were playing basketball. They're crazy.

"Let me take a nap, Hyun." I was surprised by what he called me.

Hyun, it's been a long time since the last time I heard him call me that. I admit I missed hearing it from him.

"Breathe." He suddenly said.

I didn't realize that I had stopped breathing. Maybe he felt my body stiffen. I looked at him and saw that his eyes were closed.

"Why didn't you take a nap earlier, then?" I acted irritated, but I was ashamed of my actions earlier. You're an idiot, Joohyun.

"Because I keep thinking about you. I keep trying to remember what happened before." He sighed. "My doctor said I have dissociative amnesia. This amnesia covers only certain classes of information, such as all memories associated with a location or a person in their past. That's why I forgot all the details about you." I don't know what to say. "I'm sorry, Hyun." He sincerely said.

"For?"

"For forgetting you."

I remained silent. Why is he sorry? As if it was intentional.

He sighed. "I've been trying to remember everything about you these past days. That's why I didn't come here yesterday, even though I finished my checkup the other day."

I remained silent and let him talk until he got tired. Why should I talk to him? We're not even friends.

"You know what, I remembered some details about you. I used to dream of you when I was in the US every time something happened that happened to us before. I used to think those dreams I used to have didn't exist. That it never happened and never will because you're too pretty to be true. But the first time I saw you here, I was really surprised, but I didn't show it. I thought I was still dreaming. But you know what, my dream didn't give you justice because you are prettier in person than just in a dream." He chuckled.

"Too much compliment, huh? Is that what you do with the women you woo?"

He laughed. "I'm just stating the fact."

"Whatever."

"You know what I already remember?"

I didn't answer him.

"I remember the first time I saw you when we were in middle school until the first night we started dating." He told me even though I didn't ask. "In fact, after our first meeting here, I dreamed of you again for the first time when my parents and I returned here to South Korea." He laughed like he remembered something. "I dreamed the first night we dated. You and I were inside the car, and we were kis---"

"Yah! Don't you dare continue." I know what he was about to say!

"Okay, okay. I will not continue." He chuckled. "I remember I told Moonbyul that and said that it was a weird dream because it was our first meeting, and then I dreamed like that. But the truth is, it really happened."

"You know what, I realize you really have no plans to nap." I changed the topic because I'm feeling uncomfortable now about what he dreamed. I also noticed that some students are entering the gym now.

"Are they together?"

"My heart! It's breaking into pieces now."

"Look! She's wearing his hoodie. I think they are dating now!"

Who the heck are they talking about?! I looked in the direction where I heard the voices and saw three people looking at us. They looked away when they saw me looking at them. I also noticed that some people were looking at us. I looked in Seulgi's direction and nudged him.

"Yah. Get up. People are talking about us now." I whispered to him.

"So? As if I care." He said and yawned. "I just want to rest now before I play later."

"Why didn't you just stay at your house when you wanted to rest?" I asked irritated.

"Because I missed you. And I will not see you again for two days. Also, you're my resting place, Hyun."

"Sweet talker."

He chuckled. "Just telling the truth."

We were silent after that. I think he took a nap now. After a while, my friends came, and the girls sat next to Seulgi because I was sitting at the very end. Seulgi's head is still on my shoulder, and his eyes are still closed.

"How are you, lover?" Seungwan smirked at me, and Sooyoung kicked his leg. "Ouch!" He looked at her. "Why did you kick me?" He asked confusedly.

"Can't you see that Seulgi oppa is sleeping?" Sooyoung whispered-shouted because she was beside Seulgi.

Seungwan frowned. "Am I really your boyfriend or him?"

"Why? Don't you want to be my boyfriend?" Sooyoung raised her eyebrow.

"N-no, of course not. I just can't believe that I'm already your boyfriend." Seungwan laughed nervously.

After a moment, I felt Seulgi move. He sat up straight while rubbing his eyes with both hands. He covered his mouth with his hand as he yawned. After that, he looked at me and smiled.

"Thank you for lending your shoulder to me." He said and stood up.

When their coach arrived, they started to warm up.

"You looked good in his hoodie, huh." Jennie was teasing me when she sat in Seulgi's seat earlier.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up, Jennie."

She laughed softly. "You also looked good together. I wonder now how you are as a girlfriend."

I frowned at her. "Haven't you seen me with my exes before?"

She shook her head. "I knew it would be different when it came to Seulgi. You are not serious with your exes, but with Seulgi, I know you have feelings for him." She giggled.

"Yeah, right." Yerim, Rosé, and Sooyoung said together while looking at me and nodding.

I didn't expect that they were listening to our conversation. I forgot that we are gossipers.