Chapter 35

Seulgi's POV
It's already 6:34 pm, and Joohyun is still sleeping next to me while hugging me. I'm just scrolling through her photos on her phone while passing the time. I looked at the door when someone opened it.

The person looked around and smiled when our eyes met. "She's clingy, right?" The person glanced at Joohyun.

I smiled back at the person, "But that is one of the reasons why I love her."

"I didn't know that you're sweet, Seulgi oppa."

I raised my eyebrows, "And you are?"

"Oops. Sorry if I didn't introduce myself first." The person sat on the sofa. "I'm her sister, Bae Suzy."

I nodded, "That's why you're also pretty."

She giggled. "You're so honest, oppa."

I chuckled, "By the way, why aren't you with your parents?"

"They told me to go first because mom is still preparing food and dad is waiting for her, but they will be here soon."

"Oh. Will they be mad when they see us like this?" I asked while glancing at Joohyun.

She shook her head, "Don't worry. They will be happy if they see unnie like that. My mom told me you are dating now. And they were so happy because unnie hadn't introduced anyone to our parents before. And they want to see how she behaves with you."

"Really? I'm lucky then because I was the first boyfriend she introduced to them." I said happily. "But I still don't want them to see us like this. I don't want to disappoint them." I grimaced, and she laughed softly.

I put her phone on her bedside table and looked at Joohyun, who was still sleeping peacefully. I held her hand that was hugging me and slowly removed it.

I slowly got off the bed. I took one of her pillows and placed it on her side so she could hug it as my replacement.

I covered her with a blanket up to her waist and looked at her again. She looked like she lacked sleep because she didn't wake up even after what I did.

I looked at her sister, who was also looking at us with a smile on her lips. I approached her and stood in front of her.

"I would like to introduce myself to you properly." I stretch my hand at her. "I'm Kang Seulgi. Nice to meet you, Bae Suzy." I smiled at her.

She smiled back and stood up. She accepted my hand, and we shook hands.

"It was so nice to finally meet you, Seulgi oppa. Unnie talks a lot about you even when you're in middle school."

"Really? I hope those are good things." I chuckled, and she laughed softly.

I motioned my hand to the sofa, and we sat facing each other.

"So, she already gave you another chance? When did you start dating?" She asked.

I looked at her with a surprised face. "You know what happened between us?"

She nodded, "Yes, oppa. I think almost everything happened to you two. Just almost because she didn't tell me if you two had kissed or not." She grimaced.

I laughed, "Of course, she won't tell you about that."

She laughed, "Anyway, back to my question. When did you start dating?"

"Before the car accident happened."

She smiled, "I'm glad that she gave you another chance. I really like you for my unnie even though she was just telling me about you back then."

"I'm glad to know that." I smiled at her too. "By the way, I wanted to say sorry for hurting your sister before, unintentionally. I was really drunk that time, so I don't know what happened that night."

"You remember all now?" Her eyes widened.

"Fortunately, yes. I am happy that I now remember everything that happened between us."

"I'm happy for you." She smiled happily. " Anyway, did she tell you why she couldn't easily give you another chance?"

"She said that she's scared that if she gives me another chance, I might find someone else because I might realize that she's not good enough."

"That's all?"

"Yeah. Is there any other reason?"

"She is also scared to feel what mom felt before. After you graduated from high school, we found out that dad had a one-night stand with someone who was dad's fan a month before your graduation because he was drunk. He had a reunion with his old friend and didn't know what he was doing that night. We only found out that he had a one-night stand because the woman's mother came to our house furiously. She said that because of my dad, her daughter miscarried her grandchild due to stress. That woman loves dad, but dad loves my mom. That woman wanted to build a family with my dad, but my dad rejected her. Dad said he would only support the child, but he can't give the family the woman wants. Unnie and I got mad at our dad after we found out, but mom gave him another chance. Dad did everything for us to make up for what he did. After years of proving to us that he won't do it again, unnie and I gave him another chance." She smiled at me. "Please don't tell anyone about this. I trust you, oppa. That's why I told you what happened to our family."

I nodded, "Thank you for trusting me, and I will not break it."

"Anyway, I think unnie will tell you that too, so I said it right before her." She laughed.

We looked at the door when it opened. Those are my parents. They smiled at us, and we stood up.

"Hey, mom, dad. This is Joohyun's sister, Bae Suzy."

"Ommo! So you're the second child of Tiffany and Yongjoon. Nice to meet you. I'm Lee Soonkyu, and this is Kang Jihwan."

Suzy bowed at them. "It's my pleasure to meet you, Ms. Lee and Mr. Kang."

"You can call us uncle and auntie. We are friends with your parents anyway." My dad said.

Suzy looked shocked, "What a small world." She said with amusement.

We all sat down and talked about random things until Joohyun's parents arrived. When our moms finished preparing our food, I went to Joohyun's bed to wake her up.

"Hyun," I tapped her shoulder lightly. "Wake up now. Our parents and your sister are here," She opened her eyes. "Come, let's eat."

She rubbed her eyes with her hands before she stood up, and we went to the others.