Chapter 51

Seulgi's POV
The game started, and Jisoo caught the ball. He passes it to Seungwan, and Seungwan shoots the ball. The referee signed 3 points.

The opponent inbounded the ball to his team, but I caught it. That man named Taehyung came to me to steal the ball. I dribbled the ball between my legs and my back legs and passed it to Moonbyul.

Moonbyul passed to Lisa, and Lisa passed the ball to Jisoo. Jisoo dribbled it and passed the ball again to Moonbyul, who was now under the basket and shoot it.

The opponent has the ball again, and number 11 passes to number 34. Number 34 passes to Taehyung, who was on the three-point line, and shoots. He looked at me when he scored and smirked. I grimaced. As if I care.

I am now dribbling the ball toward our forecourt. Taehyung came to me again to get the ball. He looked annoyed after seconds that he couldn't steal the ball from me.

I looked at my team to pass the ball, but I couldn't because our opponent was guarding them.

"So, you are Joohyun's boyfriend now?" Taehyung talked to me.

"Yeah," I answered.

"She's pretty, right?" He asked me, and I just nodded. "Have you ever kissed?"

I frowned, "It's none of your business."

"She's a good kisser, isn't she?" He laughed in mockery. "She tastes good, right?" He asked again when I didn't answer him.

I glared at him, "What did you say?"

He smirked, "I guess you haven't tasted her yet. Try it. You'll feel like you're in heaven."

I stopped dribbling and pushed him so hard that he fell to the floor. "Don't fucking talk to her like that!" I formed my hands into fists and was about to punch him.

~Prrrrrrrt~

The referee blew his whistle and signaled a personal foul. He gestured number 23, which is me.

"Or else?" Taehyung asked mockingly.

"Or else you will never touch the ball or anything again," I said seriously.

He looked frightened but acted like he wasn't, "Really?" He sarcastically said.

I was about to step closer to Taehyung when someone grabbed my left arm. It's Moonbyul. "Calm down, dude. You will kick out of this game if you do that." He whispered to me.

"I don't fucking care about this fucking game anymore. I'm going to kill this fucking bastard." I furiously said while trying to get out of Moonbyul's grip.

I was removing Moonbyul's hand while walking toward Taehyung when someone grabbed my right arm. It's Seungwan this time. They took me away from that bastard and forced me to sit in my seat.

"Why did you do that, Seulgi?" Our coach asked in irritation.

I looked at him seriously, and he was taken aback. Seungwan whispered something to him, and our coach sighed afterward.

"Calm down, dude." Moonbyul rubbed my back.

I looked at the ground as I breathed heavily because of anger.

"Chaeyoung substitute Seulgi for now." Our coach said.

The game started again, and Taehyung had a free throw because of what I did.

Joohyun's POV
I looked at Seulgi, who was in his seat. He was still looking down and seemed to be calming himself down.

I was busy looking at him when someone tapped me on my shoulder. I looked to see who it was, and it was Sunmi, who was beside Suzy.

"Go calm him down," Sunmi whispered and smiled at me after.

I looked at her confusedly, "I don't know how."

"You can do it." She said and gestured fighting.

How? I looked at Seulgi again. Even his best friend Moonbyul couldn't calm him down.

Jennie nudged me, "Go." I looked at her. "But be careful. He might punch you." She joked and laughed softly.

I grimaced at her and stood up. I took Seulgi's towel from his backrest and sat next to him.

I held his chin with my thumb and forefinger and turned it to face me. Then, I wiped the sweat from his face. He changed his expression to a soft one when he looked at me.

"I'm sorry. You saw me like that in the game." He looks ashamed of what he did.

I shook my head, "You don't have to be sorry. I know you have a reason why you did that."

I motioned him to slope down to dry his hair, and he followed. He looked forward and slanted his body down. Then I wiped the sweat from his hair after.

"Your ex is a bastard." He commented.

I laughed softly, "I know that already." I agree with him. "But what happened earlier? Why did you push him?"

"Because what he said was unpleasant. And when I heard that, I couldn't control myself, so I pushed him, but I wish I had just punched him instead. And if Moonbyul and Seungwan hadn't stopped me, he would probably be in the hospital by now." He sighed.

I am wiping his neck and shoulders now. "What did he say?" I asked curiously.

He glanced at me, "You don't need to know that."

"Why?"

"Because that's bullshit." His jaw tightened.

It seems that he has no plans to say it. But I'm curious.

"Move," I lightly patted his back to get him to leave from leaning on his seat after I wiped his sweat. I hung his towel on his backrest after he sat down properly. I grabbed his hand and gently opened it. Then I intertwined our hands.

"Relax, love. How can you play again if you're in a bad mood?" I asked.

"I don't want to play with him." He seems really pissed off with Taehyung.

"Your team needs you."

He shook his head. "They can win even without me, love. I'm not the one scoring for our team."

"Then, why don't you try to shoot?"

"Because that's not my role in our team. My role is to assist my teammates and steal the ball from the opponent."

"You're not allowed to shoot?" I asked confusedly.

"I am. But I prefer to steal the ball and assist my team."

"But I want to see you shoot and score."

He looked at me, "Really? Why?"

"Because I haven't seen you do that since your first U-league game. And I rarely see you shooting in your practice."

"We will waste our chances to score if I'm the one to shoot. I don't think I can score because of the pressure."

"But I remember when we were in high school, you used to be the one who scored for your team, right?"

He nodded, "But after the day when our team didn't win overall because I didn't score in the last minute of the game, I feel pressure every time I shoot now."

I remembered that day. He was disappointed in himself and blamed himself because they didn't win. But his teammates cheered him up, saying it was okay because they were in second place.

Their opponent was ahead by two points, so their team had to shoot in the three-point line to win. Seulgi was assigned to shoot. But unfortunately, he didn't score because he was too exhausted that day.

Who doesn't get tired when you play from the first to the fourth quarter? Their coach did not replace him because their opponent was so good. And Suga, who was also a good shooter in his team, was injured that day.

"Then get rid of that pressure."

"I don't know how, love."

"Then think about how to get rid of it," I commanded him.

He pouted, "You're adding to my pressure, love." He said, and I just laughed at him.