Chapter 4

Seulgi's POV
The day ran so fast, and now is the week of our midterm exam.

Seungwan called us last week, including the other members of the basketball club, to know our sizes in basketball uniforms and the number that we want to put on our jerseys.

And now, he informed us that our basketball jersey, basketball shorts, jacket, comfortable basketball shirts, and hoodie were all ready. So, I'm heading to the gym where our uniforms are.

It's Friday, and I just finished all the exams by now. Moonbyul, on the other hand, is still in our classroom because he's still not done. He said I should go first and get his uniform too, to minimize the time because we're planning to buy basketball apparel after the exam. He said he would just wait for me in the parking lot.

I got my phone in my pocket when I felt that it vibrated. Someone is calling me. I looked at the caller's name and smiled.

"Hi, mom!" I greeted my mom, who was the one who called me.

She often calls me in school only to say something or ask me. I think she only wants to monitor me, and she just also missed me.

"Hello, honey! What do you want for dinner?" My mom asked.

I think for a while. "Uhmm, because you asked that, I'm now craving a tteokbokki," I answered while still walking. And then I remembered something. "Oh, before I forget, mom. Can you tell Mr. Jung not to pick me up later?"

"Why? Are you going to meet your girlfriend? He can wait for you until you finish meeting your girlfriend." She said.

I groaned. "No, mom. Moonbyul and I are going to buy something in the mall."

"I thought you were going on a date." She laughed softly. "What are you going to buy, anyway?"

"We are buying some basketball apparel, even though we have that already. Because Moonbyul said it was good to have a new one for our first practice after a long time. He's a big spender." I complained to my mom.

"That's okay, honey. He has a point. Besides, your basketball apparel might break right away now because you're not using it for a long time. And maybe you need to buy it to impress some girls." She giggled.

I sighed, "There you are again, mom."

"I'm just kidding, honey. But remember, jokes are half meant." My mom laughed softly at what she said.

I grimaced, "Whatever, mom. I need to hang up now. I still have to get our basketball uniforms." I said when I'm in front of the gym now.

"Okay honey, take care. I love you!"

I smiled as if she was here. "Okay, I love you too. See you later." I said and hung up the call.

I entered the gym and saw Seungwan.

I approached him. "Hey, there, bro!" I greeted him. He smiled when he saw me, and we man-hugged.

"Hi! Where's Moonbyul?" He asked, so I glanced at my wristwatch. It's 11:47 am.

"I think he's still taking our last exam. So, I will also get his uniform, if that's okay."

"Sure. Wait there. I'll pick it for you." He said and walked to where the basketball uniforms were.

I looked at the entrance when I noticed someone entering.

"Hi, Seulgi oppa! How are you?" She greeted me and walked towards me. She just stopped when she was in front of me.

Seulgi oppa? Am I that old?

I smiled, "Oh, I'm good. Sooyoung, right?"

She squealed, and I was startled. "Oops, sorry." She said when she noticed that I was surprised. "Oh my, I thought you wouldn't remember me." She added.

"Fortunately, I have a good memory." I chuckled.

Seungwan walks towards us while hand-carrying two plastic bags.

"Here's your uniforms, bro." Seungwan handed over the two plastic bags and looked at Sooyoung. "What are you doing here, Sooyoung-ah?"

"Our friends planned to go to the restaurant. Do you want to come?" Sooyoung answered.

I put the two plastic bags inside my backpack while they are talking.

Seungwan looked at the bench where the uniforms are there. "I still need to wait for the others to give the uniforms, and I still need to tell them something. Speaking of," he looked at me. "Seulgi, we are going to start our practice on Monday. Please wear that uniform and some apparel to protect from common injuries." He said to me.

I nodded, "Oh, sure. By the way, I need to go now. Moonbyul might be waiting for me at the parking lot now."

"Alright, goodbye bro," Seungwan said.

"Oh my, are you leaving now, Seulgi oppa?" Sooyoung sadly asked me.

I think I have to get used to what she's calling me.

I looked at her and smiled. "Yes, I still have to do something."

"Wait, you know each other?" Seungwan asked us with his eyes widened.

"Why so shocked? You didn't notice that we were talking to each other earlier before you handed over the uniforms?" Sooyoung asked him.

"I thought you were just taking some attention from him," Seungwan laughed.

"What?!" She hit Seungwan's arm. "You're so mean to me!" Sooyoung crossed her arms over her chest and sulked.

Seungwan laughed and placed his right arm over Sooyoung's shoulders. "Come on. I'm just kidding, Sooyoung-ah." He looked at me. "Is she the one you were talking to when you were looking for me?" He asked me.

"Yup. Anyway, are you two dating?" I asked innocently.

They looked at each other, "Of course not!" Their both said at the same time.

Sooyoung nudged his side. "Get off your arm to my shoulder, Seungwan-ah." Sooyoung irritatedly said. I chuckled at their interaction.

Seungwan obeys to her. "You talked as if I have a contagious disease." He grimaced.

I looked at my phone when it vibrated and saw a text message.

"I'm at the parking lot now. Where are you?" Moonbyul texted me.

"I'm on the way now, dude," I replied to him. I looked at the two people in front of me that still bickering at each other. "Uhmm guys, I really need to go now. See you around!" I said to them.

They both looked at me and said, "Okay, take care!"

After that, they looked at each other again, and both leered at each other. I chuckled. What a cute love birds.