• Chapter 39 •

Tommy POV

I was going to Wilbur's house right now. I was walking up to the porch. I knocked and waited for a response or opened door.

Soon came Wilbur, he opened the door smiling, "Hey Tommy."

"Hi." I said looking to the floor.

"What's up?- I wasn't expecting any company today." He chuckled.

I gulped and stayed silent, I guess I sorta wanted a friend around- Just to be distracted from everything. Cause it's been six days, and I still can't get my mind off it.

"Is that a necklace?" He asked.

I looked up, "Hm?"

He reached out towards my chest and I grabbed the necklaces in my fist, "Oh- Yeah."

"What is it?" He asked, curious.

I sighed, "Just- Necklaces."

I put them in my shirt and then pocketed my hands, "May I come in?"

"Since when do you ask?" He laughed.

I smiled a little then walked on in. I went over to his living room and sat down. He sat down on the couch, "I ordered pizza just now, it should arrive later. Maybe you can stay and eat with me."

I nodded and he pat the seat beside him. I sat down and stayed silent.

"Okay...You came here for a reason. What is it?" He asked.

I sniffled and looked up to him, "They're the necklaces- H- He bought me. When we went to the mall..." I took them out of my shirt. I had to take his, because he couldn't know we met up. The doctors said anything we gifted to each other would trigger his heart and mind. That he'd possibly have health complications- but truthfully I think they just feared he'd...remember."

Will scooted closer putting an arm loosely around me, "I see..."

"He got them for us. The heart locket is mine, the key was his." I wiped my face then used the key to open the locket. I showed him the picture inside, "Its us at the arcade- You remember...don't you?"

He nodded, "Yeah."

"I wish he did....I wish I could see him." I let the tears slowly pour down my cheeks, one by one onto my lap.

"Tommy...You'll see him soon." He sighed.

I breathed shakily, "Soon, isn't certain. Soon has never been certain. So how can you- be certain?"

"I-...I can't. But....You can always text him. Call him- Even make a video with him! Do a stream together. You were still friends before you met in person." He shrugged.

I nodded then thought, "Sh-Should I call him?"

"Uh...It's 10am over there in California. So, he could be awake- I know he's a heavy sleeper." Will chuckled.

I gulped, "D- Do you think he'll answer?"

"Why wouldn't he?" Wilbur raised a brow.

I took my phone out of my pocket and went to my contacts. I scrolled through and found his contact, "Allium 🗝💜"

I turned my phone off, "I can't."

"Why not?" He asked gently rubbing my arm to keep me calm.

"I just can't." I gulped and put my face in my hands.

"Talk to me." He said.

I sighed and lifted my head, but looked down at my hands, "What if I mess something up?"