• Chapter 5 •

Ranboo POV

We had already met up with Phil and Jack. I didn't tell them about my mark though, cause I didn't want Tommy to get mad.

Right now we had been walking around a mall shopping and looking around buying things. It was fun. I walked around a lot with Jack and Phil, while Wilbur, Tommy, and Tubbo went off on their own.

"Toby said to meet them at the food court, you guys ready?" Jack asked.

Phil nodded, "Yeah." Then turned to me, "Ready mate?"

"Uh- You guys go ahead. I'm gonna get something here." I smiled.

They nodded then walked off towards the food court.

I held two necklaces in my hands. One was gold with a little heart locket on the end. The other was a tiny gold key which opened the heart locket. I wanted to get it for Tommy and I, put a picture in it....But I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for platonic soulmates.

I debated about it then decided yes and if he doesn't want it, I can keep it. I went up to the cashier and bought it. Then I walked over to the food court fidgeting with it in my hands.

As I arrived Tommy ran up to me, "Ran, c'mere!"

He pulled me aside and reached into his bag. He pulled out a thick rainbow bracelet.

"Wh- What's that?" I asked.

"Its a paracord bracelet. It's pretty thick and I figured it could hide your mark- look." He put it on himself and sure enough you couldn't see his soulmate mark.

"Oh..." I blushed embarrassed, He doesn't want people to know we're soulmates...

"But if you don't wanna wear it Ran, I can. I just picked it out cause it was rainbow and I thought you'd like it. But I'm an ally- So I guess I can wear it too." He smiled.

It's probably better I wear it. That way he doesn't see how dull my tattoo is.

"No, I'll wear it." I insisted.

He took it off then grabbed my wrist and rolled up my sleeve. His eyes widened, "Ran, I thought I fixed this."

"Uh- Maybe being apart sorta let it dim. I guess I felt....left behind?" I frowned.

He held my wrist and said, "I'd never leave you behind Ran. I care about you." He frowned, "And I know it sorta dimmed because I was being a total prick. I'm sorry Ran, it wasn't even your fault. Tubbo told him and Will rolled your sleeve down. So I'm sorry I called you stupid and got all hot headed. I shouldn't have said what I did- I love you, Ran- pl- not ro- er- platonically."

I felt the warmth in my wrist as the pain finally went away. He moved his hand off and it was back to normal, but also a shade brighter, "Thanks, I love you too."

"Mhmm." He hummed then put the bracelet on me, "There." He spotted the necklaces in my hand, "What's that?- Can I see?"

I blushed and pocketed it, "Uh- later maybe?"

He raised a brow, "Why?"

"Its nothing really, I'll just show you later." I gulped nervous.

He nodded, "Okay, well I wanna tell you that uh- How I acted was wrong. You're not stupid, and if Will finds out we're soulmates- He'll keep it under wraps. This bracelet will prevent anyone else from knowing though, okay?"

I nodded, "Okay....thanks for apologizing. Means a lot to me."

"Yeah ofcourse! Now c'mon then." He said.