• Chapter 35 •

Ranboo POV

I held Tommy as he sniffled, now done crying. I wasn't sure wether to ask right away or to just give him some time- But, if he burst out crying over it...It must have been serious and need talking about.

I kissed his head, "You okay?"

"Mm- Yeah..." He said quietly and cuddled into me.

I hugged him tighter then sighed, "Look, I don't wanna push you to speak, but....It just seems so important and- I- I have to know. Especially when it concerns you, my love."

He gulped and looked up, "I- I wouldn't know how to tell you- I just don't know how to put it into words..."

"Can you try your very best, just for me?" I asked cupping his face and smiling softly.

He nodded and then cleared his throat, "Uh- So uhm, the doctor had told me...A- About your uh- situation. And I just couldn't live with myself, having a grey mark. Having to know that- that I failed in loving you. I wouldn't....I wouldn't be able to handle it." He took a shaky breath, "The only other way was to come to terms with- just, everything. And I'm not entirely sure I can do it- I dunno if I can accept myself and admit any feelings for you. I just- I'm so weak and hopeless." He teared up, "I figured, if those were the only two ways- I'd make my own." He wiped his nose, "So uh- I decided to uhm, to uh- Take myself out of the picture."

I raised a brow, "I'm sorry?"

"I- I tried to take myself out of the picture. Because if I was no longer...here, then the mark would fade from you, you'd live‐ And I- I would be somewhere away, away from everything. Away from you. So that I can't fuck anything else up. So that I don't- So I don't fuck us up." He cried softly.

I teared up, "Tommy....H- How were you gonna go about- that?"

He looked into my eyes, "Quickly, not as painful- I- I was gonna...j- jump."

My tears fell and I pulled him to my chest, "My god Tommy....Over me?! Are you insane!? How could I let you die over me?"

He pulled away, "How could I let you, die over‐ me?!" He rubbed his eyes, "There's just no way. And I'm such a fucking idiot! The fact my stubborn ass can't just tell you those three simple words in a genuine romantic way- Y- You should be so upset!"

I kissed him. He froze and I pulled away, "You're not an idiot. Tommy, it's okay. You don't need to know exactly who you are. It can take time- It will, take time. So be patient with yourself. And don't worry okay- I may forget, but...I'm sure I can fall for you again. Okay?"

"But- But, what if you don't?" He sniffled.

I sighed, "Tommy...we need to hope that I will. And we both need to be cooperative for the marks to fade without harming me."

"I- I'm so sorry- That I can't say it in time." He kissed me and then pulled away, "If not romantically...I always did care about you enough to say that as my bestest friend. I love you." He sighed.

I nodded, "Thankyou. I love you too."

He cleared his throat, "So...How long will it take? I mean- to fade?"

"Uhm, Bill and I's took a day and a half. We were both cooperative though..." I awkwardly smiled, "So ours should be uh- Two days max?"

He nodded, "Two days....Okay."

"And seriously, it's okay. You don't need to try and love me within two days." I chuckled, "We'll be just fine. We don't need soulmate marks to be together afterwards."

He nodded again, "I know...uhm- I'm gonna head to the hotel with Tubbo. I want to shower, and then I'll bring you some clothes and stuff."

I smiled, "Thanks. I'll probably shower here then."

He kissed my cheek, "Okay, well I'll see ya in a bit ba-...Wait Ran, what are we?"

My eyes widened, "Uh....W- We're soulmates, Tommy."

He frowned, "Ran...Not for long. So c'mon, I need a label."

"We're friends." I frowned too, "Friends with benefits."

His eyebrows raised, "Oh...I thought- Y'know what? Doesn't matter. It's fine."

"Wait! No, we can be boyfriends! It's just that well- That's all gonna end in two days, so I don't see the...point?" I gulped.

He grabbed my face, "Boyfriends. Okay?"

I nodded, "Y- Yes. Boyfriends."

He kissed me and then pulled away, "I kissed a guy. I liked kissing a guy. Ranboo, I like kissing you."

I smiled, "Thanks?"

"Mhm." He hummed, "Later babe."

"Later." I waved and he waved back then walked out the door.

We were letting the marks fade.

After everything....We were gonna let them fade. No more soulmates. No more boyfr- But we'll never really get the chance to be real boyfriends. So, no- No chance at love with Thomas Simons.

I burst out crying. I sobbed into my hands. Sure I'd been the bigger person earlier- But only because I'm always put in the situation where I have to be that bigger person. And in reality, I'm so frustrated and upset. But most of all sad and defeated that I couldn't ever be in love with him.

Tommy POV

Two days, It's all I needed. No way I'm cooperating and letting my mark fade! I will not fail him, I won't! I'm not going to!

In these next two days, I'm going to accept and acknowledge things about myself and my feelings. I'm going to be non judgemental towards myself, and instead accepting. That way, I can hopefully say those three words with genuine romantical intent towards Ranboo.

"C'mon Tubs! Let's go back to the hotel. I'll be coming back, but you two don't have to." I said.

Tubbo stood, "I'll be staying, and we can drive you home, Bill."

"Thanks." Bill half smiled.

So we all went and took the elevator downstairs then walked out to the car. Tubbo first drove Bill home, then headed back towards the hotel.

I'm determined this time. I do have a plan- And this time, no sadness or- disappearing.

1,055 words
Later update today, my bad
Hope you like it though.
Later <3