Pac-Man Fever: Part Two

Google Maps says it's only a three hour drive from where you are to Topeka, but Dean makes the drive in two. You're ready to examine the body and get out, but you have a feeling this isn't going to be as smooth as you hope it will be.

Dr. Jennifer O'Brien is the coroner responsible for releasing the body to others. You have to ask her for permission before you see it, so that's the first stop you make. You knock on the door and wait for her response.

"Come in."

You three enter and flash her your badge, but Charlie is so new to this that she holds her badge upside down, much like Castiel did when he first started. You look at her and do a double take, grabbing her badge and fixing it immediately.

"Hi, I'm Special Agent Hicks, this is my partner Special Agent Ripley and Robin. We're here about the body with the creamy filling."

"Ah, right. I didn't think you guys would have any interest in that."

"FBI, ma'am, we never leave a stone unturned. Mind if we take a peek?"

"Of course not. I just need your signed chain of custody request and it's all yours."

"Excuse me?"

"Chain of custody request? From your supervisor to mine?" Jennifer raises her eyebrows.

"You know what." He takes out a business card that has Sam's number on it, and passes it over to her. "Do you wanna call my supervisor? I'm sure he can give you the override or whatever."

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Unless he can give me the form, I can't give you access to the body. Paperwork is paperwork."

Looks like she won't be giving up the body, so you'll either have to get one of those forms or break in after the place closes.

"Thank you for your time."

You three leave before you press the issue even more and get in real trouble.

"That never happened in the books," Charlie quips.

"It's okay. We'll come back later when she isn't here anymore."

"Oh, perfect. Breaking and entering."

"It's no different than hacking."

"Beg to differ. One, I've been doing since I was a teenager. The other I've done once, with you three idiots walking me through it, and I had my arm broken in the process."

"Which I healed. I say that's a win," you shrug.

"What did you hack when you were a teenager?"

"Uh, NORAD."

"Right. There's nothing we can do but wait at this point. I say we get something to eat. Sounds good?" you ask and head to the car without waiting for their responses.

Charlie isn't for this idea, but you have to break in and examine the body without having to go to Jennifer for the form. You're all for it until you hear news of another murder, so you have to deal with that right now instead of going to the ME's office that you know is closed.

Police are already at the scene of the crime: near a railroad where a group of three young boys found the body. They're here as well, but all they're interested in is their video game systems that you're busy playing on.

"Maybe you should go first this time," Charlie says nervously.

"Are you going to shy away everytime you fall? No, not on my watch. Come on, it's your time to shine, huntress."

You three leave the car and head over the first officer you see. Charlie is nervous, so you gently push her towards the officer who turns to her.

"Hey there," she says, flashing her badge upright this time, "I am Special Agent Ripley, these are my partners Hicks and Robin. We're here to talk to your witnesses."