What's Up, Tiger Mommy?: Part Four

When you come back to reality, you see Amara standing next to Dean.

"Castiel is going to be okay," she says when she knows you're paying attention to her.

"And what if he isn't?" you ask, not thinking that Dean is standing right there.

"What?" he asks, confused.

"Castiel was always the favorite," she says. "He's going to be just fine."

"When is it ever just fine for us?" you ask angrily.

"Who are you talking to?"

"Come on, you don't see Amara right there?" you ask, pointing to the spot she's in.

Dean looks to the right of him, but he doesn't see anyone standing right next to him. He has a look on his face that tells you that something is seriously wrong with you. If you're the only one who can see her, then that means she is a hallucination. But why? Why are you seeing her now?

"We'll talk about this later," he huffs out in frustration.

He walks first into the auction room, but you hang back to look at Amara. She shrugs and doesn't say a word, and you follow your husband with your dog at your side and your daughter clinging tightly to your neck. You take a seat next to your husband and place Joanna on your lap so she is sitting instead of clinging to your neck.

"Ladies, gentlemen, and... others, welcome to this once-in-a-lifetime event," Beau greets everyone. "The first name in magical and alchemical esoterica. Our prices may be high, but our quality is unmatched, and we stand by our products."

You know this isn't going to work, but everyone takes out their wallets and passes all the cash and any other means of money over to Dean.

"Don't know why you're so keen on that hunk of dirt. So it tells you how to blast back a few demons? I'll just make more. Can't get rid of all of my black-eyed boys, Samantha," Crowley says from behind you.

"Yeah, we'll see." Sam turns away from the demon to address Dean. "Alright. So, how much do we have for plan 'B'?"

"Uh, well, we got our hacked credit cards, $2,000, and a, Costco membership."

You look at Ms. Tran who just nods as if it'll ease your nerves.

"Our first item, the amulet of Hesperus. Let's start the bidding with, um, three tons of dwarven gold?" Your mouth drops open a bit, and you look at Dean who is just as shocked as you. Everyone raises their hands as if it's nothing. "Ah. This lady. I have three. Do I have, uh, four? Ah. Four, gentlemen here. Four. Going for five. Five? Five to this lady. Do we have an advance of five tons?"

"Plan 'C'?" Sam whispers.

"Big time."

"Any other bids? Any other bids? No? Sold to the lady here."

"I'm gonna use the restroom."

Dean gets up and leaves the room, but you know he isn't going to go to the bathroom. Plan C is to steal the tablet. As if it could work. You know that there will be at least one person with the tablet at all times, but that doesn't seem to stop Dean. You look off to the left and see Amra standing there, but no one else can see her. Maybe you're going crazy and this is only the beginning of your descent.

Dean comes back five minutes later empty handed. He shakes his head, and you just sigh knowing you'll have to come up with something else that won't put your kids in danger. Just as he sits down, Beau brings out the next item, Thor's Hammer.

"Our next item up for bid, the hammer of Thor, Mjolnir."

"Damn, I wish I could have that. It's Thor's hammer!"