Remember the Titans: Part Two

Everyone heads back inside, and you release the magical hold you have on your kids' room.

"This is a lot more than a curse," you state. "She wouldn't have come here to kill you if it was about some curse." Suddenly, Shane holds his arm and falls to his knees, gasping in pain. It looks like he's struggling to breathe, and you quickly go over to him to try and help. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I just need a minute. I've never been in a fight in my whole life."

He jerks and struggles to breathe, but you can't help him no matter what you try to do.

"Is he having a heart attack?"

"Do we call 911?" Sam offers.

"What would we tell them? That the dead guy we stole from the morgue is alive and having a coronary?"

Shane takes his last breath, and he goes limp in your arms. You look at the brothers with uncertainty in your eyes. He is dead, but if what he says is true, he'll be awake in a few hours. Sam managed to move Shane to the bed where he's been lying ever since, even after the sun had risen.

Maryann cries for food, so you take a seat and start to breastfeed her while Dean fixes Joanna some breakfast.

"What do we know that has Jason Bourne fighting skills, dies a lot, and has a history with violent women?" Sam asks when he can't come up with anything else.

"I don't know."

Someone knocks on the door, and Dean peaks out the window to see a young woman with medium-length light brown hair with a child older than Joanna with her. Child or not, Dean clicks the safety off on his gun and opens the door slightly.

"May I help you?"

"Agent Bonham?"

"Who are you?"

"This is gonna sound really strange, but I'm looking for a corpse that went missing today. The coroner said that you were the last one to see it. I'm Hayley."

"Why are you looking for our John Doe?"

"Well, his name is Shane. At least, that's what I called him. I'm the mother of his son, Oliver."

Dean shifts slightly, but Hayley sees Shane lying on the bed. She quickly races inside and over to Shane's side, leaving Oliver by the door.

"Joanna, come here," Dean asks. "Why don't you and Oliver play on the swing set, okay? Stay right there."

"Okay. Come on, Ollie."

Joanna leads the older boy by his hand over to the playground that sits fifty feet from the cabin. Shane hasn't woken up yet, so you decide to talk to Hayley about how she knows him. You're still breastfeeding Maryann, but you don't mind doing it outside to keep an eye on the kids.

"How do you know Shane?" you ask.

"When I was younger, I had friends that wanted to climb this mountain in Europe, and I thought it sounded exciting, so I joined them."

"Is that when you saw the avalanche?"

"He told you?" she gasps. "What else did he say?"

"Just that he doesn't remember how he got there."

"My friends were gone, and when I found him, his clothes were torn off and his eyes were frozen solid, but he was still alive. I just knew there was something off about him with the way that he'd die every day. I thought it was from exposure or shock. Maybe he was unconscious. We were both in bad shape. I know I couldn't have made it down the mountain if it weren't for him. When we got to the bottom, we realized that it had become something else, and we spent the night together, and while we were, you know... he had a heart attack. So, I called 911, and they couldn't save him. When I had to go down to I.D. the body..."