#39: Sakura Days, 3rd Petals

The sky's color begin to turn ash gray, then gradually change into the color of the dirty black charcoal

Before the rain fall, I hasten my running... so I can get to grandpa's café quickly.

"This... what?"

After I entered the café, I was... speechless... that is because the café is cleaner and tidier than usual

I mean... look at it the floor, table, the counter, and the utensil is so sparkling

This is truly impossible, only on ads can those thing sparkling like a twinkling star... even a brand-new item won't be so sparkling like this

Looking at the clean café worried me more than the café being robbed

As curious as I am, I decide to call my grandpa, maybe he knew or learned something interesting to make the café this sparkling clean

"Grandpa... this is me" I called him

After I called him, I heard a sound of wood squeaking. It is seemed he was on the attic, probably doing something related to coffee or the brewing equipments.

Thus, I sat waiting for him to come down.

"Hello, may I help you?"

But what comes down from the attic wasn't my grandpa, but a youth like me who I have never seen before

When I see him, a bunch of question that naturally pop up into my head

Like,

"Who are you, and what's wrong with your hair?"

I asked him, and I'm unsure of why, the surrounding air is become... what do you call it... awkward?

... I shouldn't ask about his hair.

.........................................................................

Later,

"So you're the new employee" said her looking at his appearance.

"Yes. My name is Yuji A- Kusanagi, Yuji Kusanagi"

Sakura narrowed her eyes, when he introduces himself he briefly paused when he told his surname.

Even though she's a bit curious, it wasn't polite to asked something that he doesn't want to talk about, and it is very uncomfortable for the opposite party which she herself experiencing back in the past.

Of course, as the granddaughter of the owner of the café she can just order him to explain that brief pause, but she abstained in doing so.

"I see..."

Listening to his stories, Sakura now understand who he is, and why he was here.

The gist is he ran away from home because he had a complex family problem, then he lost wandering in Domino City without a penny, and for some reason her grandfather help him out by letting him work and live at their café.

Sakura took a glance at his face, "Are you the one who cleaned this place?" Asked her, as she was a bit curious about how he can clean the place so sparkling like in TV ads.

"Yes ma'am" nod him slowly.

Sakura sighed, "Don't call me ma'am, I'm not that old and... aren't we the same age?"

"Then, how should I address you, lady?"

Sakura open her mouth and shut it right away, she folded her arms thinking about the Lady part he spouts.

She then remembers her time in her former school, many of her acquaintances were called Lady by their butler or maid.

[Being called a Lady is nice...] think her.